Old February 5th 06, 02:03 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Robert11

Default "Huntress" Question

Hello:

Have an aero utility type question:

Re all these "Huntress" frequencies that one sees:

Exactly what are they ?

Are they all Norad related, or also for general USAF usage, or... ?

Which are the most popular/used in the northeastern U.S. ?

Thanks,
Bob

Old February 6th 06, 03:36 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:03:47 -0500, "Robert11"
wrote:

Have an aero utility type question:

Re all these "Huntress" frequencies that one sees:

http://www.radioreference.com
go to the forums, then to the aviation forum. I've seen Huntress
discussed there (although I have no intertest in mil comms or aviation
comms, so I don't remember what it was that was being discussed about
it.)
Old February 6th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
John Kasupski

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006 09:03:47 -0500, "Robert11" wrote:

Hello:

Have an aero utility type question:

Re all these "Huntress" frequencies that one sees:

Exactly what are they ?

Are they all Norad related, or also for general USAF usage, or... ?

Which are the most popular/used in the northeastern U.S. ?

Thanks,
Bob

Bob,

HUNTRESS is the callsign for NORAD's Northeast air defense SOCC (Sector
Operations Control Center). There are tons of frequencies listed for this and
the other NORAD SOCCs, many of which are undoubtedly obsolete, or just plain
wrong. Regardless, active frequencies will vary with time of day, interference,
and participating stations.

Personally, I monitor 364.200 (AICC) and guard (243.000) regularly, and don't
worry too much about all the frequency listings - I've had better luck plugging
in squadron/wing common freqs for individual units than trying to scan dozens of
frequencies from internet listings that are often a few decades old.

A good place to ask this question might be the MILCOM reflector on qth.net .

Note that the SOCCs were formerly known as ROCCs so if you're looking at a list
that shows these as ROCC it's probably been awhile since the last update. ;-)

John Kasupski, Tonawanda, New York
Amateur Radio (KC2HMZ), SWL/Scanner Monitoring (KNY2VS)
zIRC #monitor Admin
http://www.wzrd.com/~kc2hmz/
http://www.qsl.net/kc2fng/

Old February 7th 06, 10:53 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Casper Milquetoast

"John Kasupski" wrote in message

Note that the SOCCs were formerly known as ROCCs so if you're looking at a
list
that shows these as ROCC it's probably been awhile since the last update.
;-)

And SOCCs became SAOCs (Sector Air Operations Center) almost TEN YEARS
AGO, John, so...