Old February 9th 06, 04:10 PM posted to alt.ham-radio,rec.radio.scanner
St. John Smythe

Default ISS IS REPEATING SUITSAT SIGNALS on 437.800

Homer.Simpson wrote:
Any additional chances if I scan at 145.990 WFM (not NFM)

Perhaps, if the received frequency varies because of doppler effects.
For weak signals like that, you may need to have your squelch open to
hear if there's anything there at all (if the signal isn't strong enough
to break squelch).

I've been recording overflights and so far haven't heard anything
with my Pro-2067 and a 30' high discone on my chimney.

You'll have better results if you're able to turn the discone on its
side (when vertical, it has a horizontal donut-shaped pattern of max
sensitivity).

--
St. John
Someone will try to honk your nose today.