Old March 15th 06, 02:04 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Me

Default pro99

I have a problem with a radio shack PRO99 scanner that I use for
Nascar races. The only problem is after the channels are programmed
it will not scan the channels. It stays on whatever channel you have
up. I have tried everything i can think of to let it scan but no luck
Anyone have any suggestions?
Old March 15th 06, 11:43 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
me

I have tried it in the manual or automatic mode and it will not leave
the channel it starts on with out manually changing channel

On Thu, 16 Mar 2006 07:56:48 +1300, Ken Taylor
wrote:

Me wrote:
I have a problem with a radio shack PRO99 scanner that I use for
Nascar races. The only problem is after the channels are programmed
it will not scan the channels. It stays on whatever channel you have
up. I have tried everything i can think of to let it scan but no luck
Anyone have any suggestions?

Not familiar with that particular scanner but I've seen some that can
either scan for busy or free channels - is yours in the wrong mode?

Cheers.

Ken

Old March 16th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Ken Taylor

wrote:

Me wrote:

I have a problem with a radio shack PRO99 scanner that I use for
Nascar races. The only problem is after the channels are programmed
it will not scan the channels. It stays on whatever channel you have
up. I have tried everything i can think of to let it scan but no luck
Anyone have any suggestions?

Not familiar with that particular scanner but I've seen some that can
either scan for busy or free channels - is yours in the wrong mode?

Cheers.

Ken

I have tried it in the manual or automatic mode and it will not leave
the channel it starts on with out manually changing channel

Don't be offended, I'm trying to eliminate possibilities, but have you
followed the steps in the user manual (p.34)? Are you sure the bank
you've used for programming channels isn't locked out?

Cheers.
Old March 16th 06, 11:54 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Me

yes checked that and it still will not scan - nothing locked out
all programmed right
we used it at charlotte where we bought it after the clerk programmed
it when we bought it and it did not work right then

Old March 19th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Ken Taylor

Me wrote:
yes checked that and it still will not scan - nothing locked out
all programmed right
we used it at charlotte where we bought it after the clerk programmed
it when we bought it and it did not work right then

And you bought it anyway?? If it's under warranty take it back.

Cheers.

Ken

Old March 20th 06, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Him

great little radio - i now have it to scan but it does not show the
car number (oh well so much for impulse buy)