Old April 13th 06, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Robert11

Default Thomas & Betts UV Resistant Tie Wraps: Any Experiences With For Out Of Door Usage ?

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has any experience using the "Premium" Thomas &
Betts, Black, "UV-Resistant"
nylon tie wraps out of doors ?

e.g., do they become brittle after a fer years due to very cold temps, or UV
?

Or, do they really hold up well, etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

Old April 14th 06, 05:53 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
SamSez

"Robert11" wrote in
:

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone has any experience using the "Premium" Thomas
& Betts, Black, "UV-Resistant"
nylon tie wraps out of doors ?

e.g., do they become brittle after a fer years due to very cold temps,
or UV ?

Or, do they really hold up well, etc. ?

Thanks,
Bob

I have had some [the ones with the stainless locking insert -- I'm not sure
if they make an all-nylon version] holding a rotor cable to a steel pipe
mast for at least 8 years now with no signs of aging [eastern PA]. Brand-x
white ones in similar conditions have turned quite brittle in much less
time.