RadioBanter

-   -   Trunking in Bloomington, IN (https://www.radiobanter.com/scanner/94575-trunking-bloomington.html)

[email protected] May 16th 06 04:47 AM

Trunking in Bloomington, IN

Is there anyone in or around Bloomington, Indiana that could give me
some assistance on setting up trunking? Do any organizations around
here actually use it?

Al Klein May 17th 06 02:57 AM

Trunking in Bloomington, IN

On 15 May 2006 20:47:26 -0700, wrote:

Is there anyone in or around Bloomington, Indiana that could give me
some assistance on setting up trunking? Do any organizations around
here actually use it?

Some. Have a look here, at the second panel down, "All Trunked Radio
Systems in Monroe County":

http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=745

[email protected] May 17th 06 06:01 AM

Trunking in Bloomington, IN

Yeah, that's the page I've been using for information. I've programmed
in all the local frequencies for the SAFE-T system, but I never
actually hear anything. I have the scanner on Search mode, and
occasionally it will show a TalkGroup ID and play some loud buzzing
noises, but then goes back to being silent for several more minutes.
I've never heard any one talk on it.

It seems to identify the control frequency just fine and seems to be
doing what it should. It's almost as if no one is using it, but from
what I've read, at least the State Police should be on the trunked
system now.

Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS May 17th 06 08:57 AM

Trunking in Bloomington, IN

wrote:

and
occasionally it will show a TalkGroup ID and play some loud buzzing
noises,

Encrypted conversations?

Al Klein May 19th 06 12:00 AM

Trunking in Bloomington, IN

On 16 May 2006 22:01:10 -0700, wrote:

It seems to identify the control frequency just fine and seems to be
doing what it should. It's almost as if no one is using it, but from
what I've read, at least the State Police should be on the trunked
system now.

State police are all digital. Are you using a digital scanner?

Fuzzy May 19th 06 03:44 AM

Trunking in Bloomington, IN

wrote:
Yeah, that's the page I've been using for information. I've programmed
in all the local frequencies for the SAFE-T system, but I never
actually hear anything. I have the scanner on Search mode, and
occasionally it will show a TalkGroup ID and play some loud buzzing
noises, but then goes back to being silent for several more minutes.
I've never heard any one talk on it.

It seems to identify the control frequency just fine and seems to be
doing what it should. It's almost as if no one is using it, but from
what I've read, at least the State Police should be on the trunked
system now.

The Indiana SAFE-T System as well as the Indiana State Police are
digital, if you aren't using a digital scanner then you aren't going to
hear anything on these frequencies.