Old May 16th 06, 04:47 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Default Trunking in Bloomington, IN

Is there anyone in or around Bloomington, Indiana that could give me
some assistance on setting up trunking? Do any organizations around
here actually use it?

Old May 17th 06, 06:01 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner

Yeah, that's the page I've been using for information. I've programmed
in all the local frequencies for the SAFE-T system, but I never
actually hear anything. I have the scanner on Search mode, and
occasionally it will show a TalkGroup ID and play some loud buzzing
noises, but then goes back to being silent for several more minutes.
I've never heard any one talk on it.

It seems to identify the control frequency just fine and seems to be
doing what it should. It's almost as if no one is using it, but from
what I've read, at least the State Police should be on the trunked
system now.

Old May 17th 06, 08:57 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Ralph A. Schmid, DK5RAS

wrote:

and
occasionally it will show a TalkGroup ID and play some loud buzzing
noises,

Encrypted conversations?

Trunking [email protected] Scanner 1 December 27th 05 06:11 AM
Need a wee nudge with trunking......... Southern Kiwi Scanner 1 August 27th 04 08:36 AM
Trunking old_codger Scanner 3 May 12th 04 03:51 AM
OLD motorola trunking information jack smith Scanner 1 December 12th 03 09:48 AM
old trunking information WLAK W.L.A.K trunking system for archiving purposes jack smith Scanner 0 December 12th 03 03:25 AM