Old May 16th 06, 11:59 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
frank

Default Discriminator tap for pro2054?

Does anyone know where to wire in a discriminator output for the
Radio Shack 2054 scanner? All of the webpages dealing with this
that I find have listings for older scanners only.
Old May 17th 06, 03:02 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Al Klein

On Tue, 16 May 2006 15:59:11 -0700, frank wrote:

Does anyone know where to wire in a discriminator output for the
Radio Shack 2054 scanner? All of the webpages dealing with this
that I find have listings for older scanners only.

Check the number of the discriminator IC for the 2054, then see what
chip is being used in the instructions you can find. As long as the
chip is the same, the mod is the same - it's just an isolated tap off
one pin of the IC. I prefer using a large capacitor coming off the IC
(for DC isolation), then a resistor in series and a capacitor to
ground (for HF filtering), but either of the usual methods - series
resistor, capacitor to ground, or series capacitor, should work pretty
well. Just use the recommended values.