Old August 1st 06, 08:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default This Month's Top Five RRS Posters

This Month's Top Five RRS Posters
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...hortwave/about
Out of 5065 Messages posted for the Month of July 2006.

561 - DX Ace -

504 - David Eduardo -

495 - Cuhulin -

262 - Steve -

237 - David -

These Five (5) Totaled 2059 Messages @ 40.6%

and now you know ~ RHF
Old August 1st 06, 01:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
This Month's Top Five RRS Posters

561 - DX Ace -

Not a big surprise when you remember the old Chinese proverb: "The
emptiest drum makes the loudest noise".

262 - Steve -

and I'll bet at least 261 of those posts contained the word "busted"

Old August 1st 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Joe from Kokomo wrote:
RHF wrote:
This Month's Top Five RRS Posters

561 - DX Ace -

Not a big surprise when you remember the old Chinese proverb: "The
emptiest drum makes the loudest noise".

262 - Steve -

and I'll bet at least 261 of those posts contained the word "busted"

What do you want to bet that Joe from Kokomo = David Eduardo = David
Gleason = David Frackelton Gleason = Tardo?

=BUSTED

Old August 1st 06, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

Not a big surprise when you remember the old Chinese proverb: "The
emptiest drum makes the loudest noise".

Yeah, and you know what cheap crap those old Chinese proverbs were...
wait... they're full of wisdom. Never mind :-)

Old August 1st 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 1 Aug 2006 05:38:43 -0700, "Steve" wrote:

Joe from Kokomo wrote:
RHF wrote:
This Month's Top Five RRS Posters

561 - DX Ace -

Not a big surprise when you remember the old Chinese proverb: "The
emptiest drum makes the loudest noise".

262 - Steve -

and I'll bet at least 261 of those posts contained the word "busted"

What do you want to bet that Joe from Kokomo = David Eduardo = David
Gleason = David Frackelton Gleason = Tardo?

=BUSTED

At least there's just one of me (you don't want to count the elevator
boy?)

Old August 1st 06, 03:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Kennelly Heaviside" wrote in message
RHF wrote:
This Month's Top Five RRS Posters
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...hortwave/about
Out of 5065 Messages posted for the Month of July 2006.

561 - DX Ace -

504 - David Eduardo -

495 - Cuhulin -

262 - Steve -

237 - David -

These Five (5) Totaled 2059 Messages @ 40.6%

and now you know ~ RHF

Now we know why this group has become almost useless.

I don't know about that; the arguments about
IBOC have been on topic for the most part.
Killfiling keeps the crud down, too.

--Mike L.

Old August 1st 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
This Month's Top Five RRS Posters
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...hortwave/about
Out of 5065 Messages posted for the Month of July 2006.

561 - DX Ace -

504 - David Eduardo -

495 - Cuhulin -

262 - Steve -

237 - David -

These Five (5) Totaled 2059 Messages @ 40.6%

and now you know ~ RHF

Now we know why this group has become almost useless.

I don't know about that; the arguments about
IBOC have been on topic for the most part.
Killfiling keeps the crud down, too.

--Mike L.

The arguments about IBOC are not on target in my opinion, mainly
because they aren't really "arguments". David Eduardo will come on hear
and say absolutely anything to get people worked up. He doesn't care
about the state of AM or the nature of IBOC. He cares about saying
absolutely anything that will ruffle feathers, period. A few of the
people on here got fed up and razzed him and, to be honest, I'm
grateful to them. This group does not have a moderator and so we have
to do whatever it takes to keep assholes like Eduardo from hijacking
the group. Otherwise RRS really will become useless.

I still hold out the hope that someone will start a group that's just
like RRS, but that's moderated. Then we won't have to tolerate any of
this BS.

Old August 1st 06, 04:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...

RHF wrote:
[...]

True, he does do that, and yes I understand your
point. rec.games.board is a shadow of what it
once was, since most people moved off of it
to boardgamegeek.com.

I still hold out the hope that someone will start a group that's

just
like RRS, but that's moderated. Then we won't have to tolerate any

of
this BS.

I doubt that will happen. I looked into it a while
back, and it does take a bit of effort to get a
moderated group together. Additionally, you'd
need someone who has a lot of time on their
hands to be moderator (due to ng traffic), and
the only ones I could think of with the time and the
technical knowledge of shortwave to do it -Ace
and Mike M.- don't really want a moderated
group.

--Mike L.

Old August 1st 06, 06:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...

RHF wrote:
[...]

I would volunteer to do so, if only I knew how . . .

Old August 1st 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:
Joe from Kokomo wrote:
RHF wrote:
This Month's Top Five RRS Posters
561 - DX Ace -

Not a big surprise when you remember the old Chinese proverb: "The
emptiest drum makes the loudest noise".

262 - Steve -

and I'll bet at least 261 of those posts contained the word "busted"

What do you want to bet that Joe from Kokomo = David Eduardo = David
Gleason = David Frackelton Gleason = Tardo?

=BUSTED

Well I hope you don't bet very much; you would flat out lose that bet, o
compulsive/obsessive/busted one.

Oh, by the way, feel free to post "busted" again (just in case we didn't
get it the first 261 times).

Bwaaahaaaahaaaaa