RadioBanter

-   -   Any shortwaves with remote control? (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/100411-any-shortwaves-remote-control.html)

[email protected] August 2nd 06 05:03 PM

Any shortwaves with remote control?

I like to listen to my current clock radio when I get
in bed at night and going to sleep.

I hit the sleep timer button and turn lights off an
listen until I'm asleep

Does anyone make a good SW radio that has a sleep timer
in it but also has say a infrared remote control as
well so I can change "freqs" while in bed?

[email protected] August 2nd 06 05:10 PM

Any shortwaves with remote control?

There are Shortwave Radios available with remote control.Someone with
more knowledge about that than I know will shortly be along to give you
more information.
cuhulin

Steve August 2nd 06 05:16 PM

wrote:
I like to listen to my current clock radio when I get
in bed at night and going to sleep.

I hit the sleep timer button and turn lights off an
listen until I'm asleep

Does anyone make a good SW radio that has a sleep timer
in it but also has say a infrared remote control as
well so I can change "freqs" while in bed?

Take a look at www.swl-remotes.com. This guy sells remotes that will
work with lots of different receivers.

Steve

[email protected] August 2nd 06 07:08 PM

Any shortwaves with remote control?

But do they have a remote that will work for me girlfriends shiney bald
arse?
cuhulin

Slow Code August 3rd 06 12:08 AM

Any shortwaves with remote control?

wrote in
:

But do they have a remote that will work for me girlfriends shiney bald
arse?
cuhulin

Money.

[email protected] August 3rd 06 06:03 AM

David wrote:
On Wed, 02 Aug 2006 11:03:42 -0500, wrote:

I like to listen to my current clock radio when I get
in bed at night and going to sleep.

I hit the sleep timer button and turn lights off an
listen until I'm asleep

Does anyone make a good SW radio that has a sleep timer
in it but also has say a infrared remote control as
well so I can change "freqs" while in bed?

AOR-7030

It also has a timer. As the manual says, it makes an expensive clock
radio.

Note that the AR7030 has two IR sensors on it. To operate mine
outdoors, I had to put electrical tape over the one on the back. I
discovered this problem in the field when the radio controls would not
react properly.

David August 3rd 06 02:35 PM

wrote:

I like to listen to my current clock radio when I get
in bed at night and going to sleep.

I hit the sleep timer button and turn lights off an
listen until I'm asleep

Does anyone make a good SW radio that has a sleep timer
in it but also has say a infrared remote control as
well so I can change "freqs" while in bed?

AOR-7030

It also has a timer. As the manual says, it makes an expensive clock
radio.

Note that the AR7030 has two IR sensors on it. To operate mine
outdoors, I had to put electrical tape over the one on the back. I
discovered this problem in the field when the radio controls would not
react properly.

IR sensors have trouble with the Sun (and fluorescents).

[email protected] August 3rd 06 02:58 PM

Any shortwaves with remote control?

There is an IR sensor thingy that came with my webtv stuff.I dont use it
though,I have two tv sets and one 22 inch computer monitor looking at
me.
cuhulin

[email protected] August 3rd 06 03:59 PM

wrote:

Does anyone make a good SW radio that has a sleep timer
in it but also has say a infrared remote control as
well so I can change "freqs" while in bed?

AOR-7030

It also has a timer. As the manual says, it makes an expensive clock
radio.

yeah that's too pricey for me