RadioBanter

-   -   My new HD Radio (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/100529-my-new-hd-radio.html)

[email protected] August 4th 06 01:16 PM

My new HD Radio

Thanks to Eduardo and DX-Ace my new Boston Acustics HD radio arrived
last night.
This is a fine receiver that brings me 12 new stations here in the
Drtroit market.
I just wanted to thank you gentlemen for bringing HD to my attention,
without your
input I would have never known about this excellent radio.

dxAce August 4th 06 03:11 PM

My new HD Radio

" wrote:

Thanks to Eduardo and DX-Ace my new Boston Acustics HD radio arrived
last night.
This is a fine receiver that brings me 12 new stations here in the
Drtroit market.
I just wanted to thank you gentlemen for bringing HD to my attention,
without your
input I would have never known about this excellent radio.

Be sure to check back in when you get a shortwave radio.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] August 4th 06 04:27 PM

My new HD Radio

Be sure to check back in when you get a shortwave radio.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I have 2, Icom r71a and a pcr-1000.

[email protected] August 4th 06 04:47 PM

My new HD Radio

wrote:
Thanks to Eduardo and DX-Ace my new Boston Acustics HD radio arrived
last night.
This is a fine receiver that brings me 12 new stations here in the
Drtroit market.
I just wanted to thank you gentlemen for bringing HD to my attention,
without your
input I would have never known about this excellent radio.

What a joke - now, you have to erect a dipole antenna, in a high
position ! Hell, one can get Internet Radio on cell phones, for as
little as $7.00/month through Motorola iRadio (435 commercial-free
channels) ! Sucker - you have limited access to only a local market,
with less coverage, than with analog AM/FM !

David August 4th 06 05:49 PM

My new HD Radio

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 11:41:22 -0500, "SeeingEyeDog"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
Thanks to Eduardo and DX-Ace my new Boston Acustics HD radio arrived
last night.
This is a fine receiver that brings me 12 new stations here in the
Drtroit market.
I just wanted to thank you gentlemen for bringing HD to my attention,
without your
input I would have never known about this excellent radio.

The analog version of the Recepter is a surprisingly good bedside AM dx
machine using a Terk Advantage AM loop antenna.
The poor reception mentioned in a subsequent post here refers only to FM
reception without a dipole of which I am not interested. The pigtail for FM
included with my analog Recepter is more than adequte. The addition of a
F-connector for an external FM antenna I am sure would make it a fine FM
machine.

The RecepterHD is a very good analog FM receiver. Better than a
Tivoli Model One.

David Eduardo August 4th 06 06:40 PM

My new HD Radio

wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Thanks to Eduardo and DX-Ace my new Boston Acustics HD radio arrived
last night.
This is a fine receiver that brings me 12 new stations here in the
Drtroit market.
I just wanted to thank you gentlemen for bringing HD to my attention,
without your
input I would have never known about this excellent radio.

What a joke - now, you have to erect a dipole antenna, in a high
position ! Hell, one can get Internet Radio on cell phones, for as
little as $7.00/month through Motorola iRadio (435 commercial-free
channels) ! Sucker - you have limited access to only a local market,
with less coverage, than with analog AM/FM !

The Motorola service is not even operating. They just did their financing a
month or two ago.

[email protected] August 5th 06 12:53 AM

My new HD Radio

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
Thanks to Eduardo and DX-Ace my new Boston Acustics HD radio arrived
last night.
This is a fine receiver that brings me 12 new stations here in the
Drtroit market.
I just wanted to thank you gentlemen for bringing HD to my attention,
without your
input I would have never known about this excellent radio.

What a joke - now, you have to erect a dipole antenna, in a high
position ! Hell, one can get Internet Radio on cell phones, for as
little as $7.00/month through Motorola iRadio (435 commercial-free
channels) ! Sucker - you have limited access to only a local market,
with less coverage, than with analog AM/FM !

The Motorola service is not even operating. They just did their financing a
month or two ago.

Motorola has already rolled out iRadio - the Rokr E2 is due out now,
with iRadio - good try, asshole !

David Eduardo August 5th 06 01:16 AM

My new HD Radio

wrote in message
ups.com...

David Eduardo wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

wrote:
[...]

You were referring to the Clearwire thing with McCoy and Intel... 400+
channels. Now you are backtracking to present an EVDO capable cell phone.
Big deal. I have EVDO with two separate carriers, because is it so
inconsistent I have to pick "best signal" between the two.

[email protected] August 5th 06 02:01 AM

My new HD Radio

I have read that some cell phones can surf the web,do emailing,send
photos,get tv stations,and now soon,coming to a cell phone near you,pick
up radio.Pretty soon,cell phones will be able to do everything but make
phone calls.
cuhulin

Telamon August 5th 06 07:30 AM

My new HD Radio

In article .com,
" wrote:

Thanks to Eduardo and DX-Ace my new Boston Acustics HD radio arrived
last night.

Boston Acustics? Never heard of that brand.

This is a fine receiver that brings me 12 new stations here in the
Drtroit market.

Drtroit? Never heard of that market.

I just wanted to thank you gentlemen for bringing HD to my attention,
without your input I would have never known about this excellent
radio.

But I have heard enough of you already.

Plonk

--