Old August 13th 06, 03:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate

Default Transmitting SW antenna question - pls help

What frequency do you suggest testing my equipment at? The antenna I
believe goes from 131 to 512 mhz. The allocation chart shows nearly
every frequency in that range in use for something. Would 140 mhz be
ok?

Also, I'm not really sure how far the signal is going. Using the line
of sight formula with how small the antenna is, I can't really see the
signal going beyond the remote area where I live (which is not close to
any airport). To test it I'd pretty much have to broadcast on an FM
station, get in my car, and drive until the signal isn't picked up, but
this too can be a risky venture.

grav

patrick jankowiak wrote:
I hope you are not transmitting on 121 MHz area. That is part of the
108 to 136 MHz aircraft band if I am not mistaken. 121.5 for instance
is an emergency frequency and it is monitored.

This chart may be helpful to avoid causing interference on sensitive
frequencies.
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/osmhome/allochrt.html

PJ

Old August 13th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate

David wrote:

What are you trying to prove?

I've already proven my sig gen can transmit a signal to my scanner, but
I'm trying to get it to pick up at a far lower range (25-30 mhz), which
was used with the Mark IV device in the Spiricom experiments. If you're
not familiar with Spiricom, the best thing I can tell you is to watch
the movie "Frequency".

Old August 14th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate

David wrote:

A signal generator is a piece of test equipment. It is not a
communications device.

For its normal use it's a piece of test equipment. But for the intended
experiment, it is the primary (and cheapest) way to send tones onto a
particular frequency to be recorded.

What happens when tones are sent to the frequency? Nothing. But in the
Mark IV experiments, they were a conduit for voices (allegedly
paranormal in nature) to materialize and a 2-way communication to take
place (versus the recording of white noise with a tape recorder, asking
questions, and having to stop the tape, play it back, and analyze it
with software, which most paranormal investigators realize is too
tedious and time-consuming and one-way in nature - more like email vs.
instant-messaging for paranormal communication).

grav

Old August 15th 06, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate,alt.paranormal

http://worlditc.org/h_07_meek_spiri_029_041.htm

Scroll down and see the schematic for the machine. What's interesting
is that they use 10-12 ft. antennas (which today could be replaced by
simple CB antennas).

For a more clear schematic and samples of the voice contacts using the
tones:

http://worlditc.org/k_06_spiricom.htm

Hope this helps you to get a better understanding of the equipment and
theory involved with this time-consuming research.

Jeff

Old August 17th 06, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,alt.radio.pirate,alt.paranormal

wrote:
http://worlditc.org/h_07_meek_spiri_029_041.htm

Scroll down and see the schematic for the machine. What's interesting
is that they use 10-12 ft. antennas (which today could be replaced by
simple CB antennas).

For a more clear schematic and samples of the voice contacts using the
tones:

http://worlditc.org/k_06_spiricom.htm

Hope this helps you to get a better understanding of the equipment and
theory involved with this time-consuming research.

Jeff

Ok, well to me that is wierd but interesting. So, if it is not
strictly necessary to use any one RF frequency, perhaps, legalities
aside, it would do no harm to use one of the FRS channels. FRS is FM
and incoming signals should not disturb your AM experiments as long as
your receiver is close to the signal generator's antenna. I do not
imagine that any spirits would need a widely separated set of antennas
to fit between, so therefore a low power signal such as what comes out
of your signal generator should do for closelt spaced antennas. How
far apart? heck if I know. 2 feet? Since you are using a signal
generator, your power level can be very low so as to not interfere
with others, and an antenna for transmit or receive at those
frequencies need only be 4-5" long.

FRS:
462.5625 GMRS Simplex / FRS Ch. 1
462.5875 GMRS Simplex / FRS Ch. 2
462.6125 GMRS Simplex / FRS Ch. 3
462.6375 GMRS Simplex / FRS Ch. 4
462.6625 GMRS Simplex / FRS Ch. 5
462.6875 GMRS Simplex / FRS Ch. 6
462.7125 GMRS Simplex / FRS Ch. 7
467.5625 FRS Ch. 8
467.5875 FRS Ch. 9
467.6125 FRS Ch. 10
467.6375 FRS Ch. 11
467.6625 FRS Ch. 12
467.6875 FRS Ch. 13
467.7125 FRS Ch. 14

You might also try the "ISM" frequencies, as long as there are no big
machines operating on them and radiating powerful signals, you should
be fine. There is a listing of those frequencies he
www.tscm.com/FCC47CFRpart18.pdf

It seems to me the biggest challenge is to build the spectrum
generator for all those audio tones. Perhaps an old electronic organ,
one with the feature of a separate tone oscillator for each key, could
be used. You can pick off the sinewaves at the oscillators if it is an
old enough model.

PJ
Old August 18th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

legalities has nothing to do with it.We all have the right to listen to
any and all radio transmissions in the World.There are some certain
transmissions however,you better not blab to anybody about.
cuhulin

Part # 2 - The Simplest Shortwave Listener (SWL) Antennas That I Know Of . . . RHF Shortwave 0 June 2nd 06 10:57 AM
I Want Another Antenna Lenny Shortwave 4 January 23rd 06 10:12 PM
Question is 'it' a Longwire {Random Wire} Antenna -or- Inverted "L" Antenna ? RHF Shortwave 5 November 6th 05 04:52 AM
Workman BS-1 Dipole Antenna = Easy Mod to make it a Mini-Windom Antenna ! RHF Shortwave 0 November 2nd 05 11:14 AM