Old August 17th 06, 04:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Beefed up version of Palstar R30C/CC?

I got an interesting email message from Paul Hrivnak of Palstar. He
said they're hoping...hoping...to have a newer version of of the
R30C/CC at the 2007 Dayton show. He couldn't go into any real detail
about the features they hope to add because that's still up in the air
to some extent. Still, it'll be interesting to see what they come up
with.

He also remarked that Palstar gets back about one of these receivers
PER YEAR for repair. That's a pretty good track record!

Steve

Old August 17th 06, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Steve wrote:

He also remarked that Palstar gets back about one of these receivers
PER YEAR for repair. That's a pretty good track record!

How many do they ship out (on average) per year?

RK

Old August 18th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

How many do they ship out (on average) per year?

I would say a bunch! Paul would never tell, and i wouldn't either
if i was him. super little radio. he ships about a third of them
to europe, tagged as the Lowe HF350. BTW, with the palstar tuner,
it makes a great LW/ beacon hunter.

Father Michael...

Old August 18th 06, 12:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
About how much do they sell for?
cuhulin

I don't know. They may not have reached a firm decision about that yet.

Steve

Old August 18th 06, 01:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Palstar Radios are made in good old U.S.A.too,I think.I found it
interesting that some Palstar Radios are badged as Lowe HF-350 for
Europe,that is something I didn't know before.Wait till I tell that
married Irish woman wayyyyyyy over yonder across the big pond about
that.As if she could care a big whoop dee doo.
cuhulin