Old August 17th 06, 09:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 13.855 @ 14:29 UTC

Greetings,
I am in the process of getting Passport to Worldband Radio again - my old
one is over two years old s. Can someone tell me who it was transmitting
at 14:29 UTC in russian on 13.855 Mhz ? They had a good strong signal here
north of Seattle in Washington State. TIA V.

Old August 17th 06, 10:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Verstaldin wrote:

Greetings,
I am in the process of getting Passport to Worldband Radio again - my old
one is over two years old s. Can someone tell me who it was transmitting
at 14:29 UTC in russian on 13.855 Mhz ? They had a good strong signal here
north of Seattle in Washington State. TIA V.

Most likely Russian Radio International.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 17th 06, 10:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Verstaldin wrote:

Greetings,
I am in the process of getting Passport to Worldband Radio again - my old
one is over two years old s. Can someone tell me who it was transmitting
at 14:29 UTC in russian on 13.855 Mhz ? They had a good strong signal here
north of Seattle in Washington State. TIA V.

Most likely Russian Radio International.

O, I think it's Russian International Radio rather than the above.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 18th 06, 12:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Check these sources:

http://hfradio.org/swbc/

http://www.ilgradio.com/ilgradiohtml.htm#OFD

http://www.eibi.de.vu/

http://www.naswa.net/swlguide/

http://www.swldatabase.com/

Old August 18th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Verstaldin wrote:

I take it that is something new; what is the point of origin of the
transmission ? tnx

Point of origin or transmitter location?

Point of origin as far as I know is Moscow. And it just so happens that at the
time and frequency you heard them the transmitter site is listed as Moscow.

They use relays in various locations in Russia and several other countries as
well.

I don't recall offhand just how long its been operating.