Old August 18th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default New ICOM? IC-R9500

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/icom_r9500.pdf

and at:

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/
(via Bernt-Ivan Holmberg, Möklinta, Sweden, dx_india)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 18th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/icom_r9500.pdf

and at:

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/
(via Bernt-Ivan Holmberg, Möklinta, Sweden, dx_india)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

That certainly looks a bit of a beast . very nice

Old August 18th 06, 08:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Jim Hackett wrote:
I suppose the model # is also the price...

That would be the ICOM way.

Old August 18th 06, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Jim Hackett wrote:
I suppose the model # is also the price...

That would be the ICOM way.

Hah. That would have made the R75 only a mere
$75. ;-)

--Mike L.

Old August 18th 06, 08:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Jim Hackett wrote:
I suppose the model # is also the price...

That would be the ICOM way.

Hah. That would have made the R75 only a mere
$75. ;-)

--Mike L.

An oversight, I'm sure.

Old August 18th 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/icom_r9500.pdf

and at:

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/
(via Bernt-Ivan Holmberg, Möklinta, Sweden, dx_india)

When does this start shipping, and do you know the cost?

Old August 18th 06, 08:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/icom_r9500.pdf

and at:

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/
(via Bernt-Ivan Holmberg, Möklinta, Sweden, dx_india)

Holy cow. What do you think, $5000? $10000?

--Mike L.

Old August 18th 06, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Whew! pretty awesome!
Guess what farmer Christmas will put in some lucky fella's stockings

But why, oh why, do Icom have to attenuate the MW band reception? - never
figured them out - they do that to all their radio's.
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old August 19th 06, 04:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

Whew! pretty awesome!
Guess what farmer Christmas will put in some lucky fella's stockings

I would imagine it's far too cold for normal farming at the North Pole.
They most likely use the heat provided by the seemingly limitless coal
seam which has provided my stocking stuffings for the last decade.

mike