RadioBanter

-   -   New ICOM? IC-R9500 (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/101804-new-icom-ic-r9500.html)

dxAce August 18th 06 07:50 PM

New ICOM? IC-R9500

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/icom_r9500.pdf

and at:

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/
(via Bernt-Ivan Holmberg, Möklinta, Sweden, dx_india)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

prozacian August 18th 06 08:07 PM

New ICOM? IC-R9500

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/icom_r9500.pdf

and at:

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/
(via Bernt-Ivan Holmberg, Möklinta, Sweden, dx_india)

dxAce
Michigan
USA

That certainly looks a bit of a beast . very nice

David Eduardo August 18th 06 08:12 PM

New ICOM? IC-R9500

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/icom_r9500.pdf

and at:

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/
(via Bernt-Ivan Holmberg, Möklinta, Sweden, dx_india)

When does this start shipping, and do you know the cost?

D Peter Maus August 18th 06 08:24 PM

New ICOM? IC-R9500

Jim Hackett wrote:
I suppose the model # is also the price...

That would be the ICOM way.

D Peter Maus August 18th 06 08:30 PM

New ICOM? IC-R9500

Michael Lawson wrote:
"D Peter Maus" wrote in message
Jim Hackett wrote:
I suppose the model # is also the price...

That would be the ICOM way.

Hah. That would have made the R75 only a mere
$75. ;-)

--Mike L.

An oversight, I'm sure.

Michael Lawson August 18th 06 08:45 PM

New ICOM? IC-R9500

"dxAce" wrote in message
http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/icom_r9500.pdf

and at:

http://ndl-dx.se/icom_r9500/
(via Bernt-Ivan Holmberg, Möklinta, Sweden, dx_india)

Holy cow. What do you think, $5000? $10000?

--Mike L.

John Plimmer August 18th 06 09:09 PM

New ICOM? IC-R9500

Whew! pretty awesome!
Guess what farmer Christmas will put in some lucky fella's stockings

But why, oh why, do Icom have to attenuate the MW band reception? - never
figured them out - they do that to all their radio's.
South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

dxAce August 18th 06 09:46 PM

New ICOM? IC-R9500

Jim Hackett wrote:
I suppose the model # is also the price...

That would be the ICOM way.

Hah. That would have made the R75 only a mere
$75. ;-)

--Mike L.

An oversight, I'm sure.

Email from Universal after I inquired as to the price:

"Thanks for the email. We are aware of this new receiver but at this time
Icom has not released any information . We will post it on our website
as soon as we receive it. Sure looks like a nice one."

dxAce
Michigan
USA