RadioBanter

-   -   AM IBOC precludes use of selectable sideband tuning (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/101856-am-iboc-precludes-use-selectable-sideband-tuning.html)

David August 19th 06 03:20 PM

AM IBOC precludes use of selectable sideband tuning

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

dxAce August 19th 06 03:24 PM

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've got
it all wrong.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

David August 19th 06 04:10 PM

AM IBOC precludes use of selectable sideband tuning

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:24:42 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've got
it all wrong.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

If I listen to plain AMSYNC (or plain AM) on the R8B there is no
noise, so apparently the HD sidebands are phase inverted from each
other. But I cannot use my SW2 in the synchonous mode at all on an HD
station, as you cannot listen to both sidebands at once.

dxAce August 19th 06 04:19 PM

wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've got
it all wrong.

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

If I listen to plain AMSYNC (or plain AM) on the R8B there is no
noise, so apparently the HD sidebands are phase inverted from each
other. But I cannot use my SW2 in the synchonous mode at all on an HD
station, as you cannot listen to both sidebands at once.

If it stays broke let the folks here know:

http://topazdesigns.com/iboc/station-list.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

David Eduardo August 19th 06 04:20 PM

wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've
got
it all wrong.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

We have 29 HD stations on the air: we are modifying the KTNQ site right now
and HD retuns.

dxAce August 19th 06 04:41 PM

AM IBOC precludes use of selectable sideband tuning

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', fake Hispanic since c.2000 (yes,

wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've
got
it all wrong.

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

We have 29 HD stations on the air: we are modifying the KTNQ site right now
and HD retuns.

You really should lay off the tequila so early in the morning.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Steve August 19th 06 04:43 PM

wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've
got
it all wrong.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

We have 29 HD stations on the air: we are modifying the KTNQ site right now
and HD retuns.

Says the Ecuadorian refugee and President of Programming.

[email protected] August 19th 06 06:28 PM

AM IBOC precludes use of selectable sideband tuning

www.google.com U.S.Army Cadence Marching Songs

(Hey Sarge,can I take a break?) ///Get in step,you f...... meathead!///
(Ootchie coochie,yah yah yah)
cuhulin

David August 19th 06 06:41 PM

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:28:46 -0500, wrote:

www.google.com U.S.Army Cadence Marching Songs

(Hey Sarge,can I take a break?) ///Get in step,you f...... meathead!///
(Ootchie coochie,yah yah yah)
cuhulin

Boom shakka lakka lakka
Boom shakka lakka lakka

[email protected] August 19th 06 07:02 PM

AM IBOC precludes use of selectable sideband tuning

The Grapes of Wrath movie has just now started on Radio tv.Dat
Eeeeese!,I will be in the area for a while.
cuhulin