Old August 19th 06, 03:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AM IBOC precludes use of selectable sideband tuning

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.
Old August 19th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've got
it all wrong.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 19th 06, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 10:24:42 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've got
it all wrong.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

If I listen to plain AMSYNC (or plain AM) on the R8B there is no
noise, so apparently the HD sidebands are phase inverted from each
other. But I cannot use my SW2 in the synchonous mode at all on an HD
station, as you cannot listen to both sidebands at once.
Old August 19th 06, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've got
it all wrong.

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

If I listen to plain AMSYNC (or plain AM) on the R8B there is no
noise, so apparently the HD sidebands are phase inverted from each
other. But I cannot use my SW2 in the synchonous mode at all on an HD
station, as you cannot listen to both sidebands at once.

If it stays broke let the folks here know:

http://topazdesigns.com/iboc/station-list.html

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 19th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've
got
it all wrong.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

We have 29 HD stations on the air: we are modifying the KTNQ site right now
and HD retuns.

Old August 19th 06, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, posing as 'Eduardo', fake Hispanic since c.2000 (yes,

wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've
got
it all wrong.

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

We have 29 HD stations on the air: we are modifying the KTNQ site right now
and HD retuns.

You really should lay off the tequila so early in the morning.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old August 19th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

David wrote:

If I try to listen to KABC in AMSYNCLSB (or USB) mode I get a jet
engine sound. Same for 570, 1070. HD Radio sucks.

Drake R8B with a transformer coupled 50' random wire.

Edweenie (the fake Hispanic) will be along shortly to tell you that you've
got
it all wrong.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Ironically, his station's (1020) IBOC is broken.

We have 29 HD stations on the air: we are modifying the KTNQ site right now
and HD retuns.

Says the Ecuadorian refugee and President of Programming.

Old August 19th 06, 06:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.google.com U.S.Army Cadence Marching Songs

(Hey Sarge,can I take a break?) ///Get in step,you f...... meathead!///
(Ootchie coochie,yah yah yah)
cuhulin

Old August 19th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 12:28:46 -0500, wrote:

www.google.com U.S.Army Cadence Marching Songs

(Hey Sarge,can I take a break?) ///Get in step,you f...... meathead!///
(Ootchie coochie,yah yah yah)
cuhulin

Boom shakka lakka lakka
Boom shakka lakka lakka
Old August 19th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The Grapes of Wrath movie has just now started on Radio tv.Dat
Eeeeese!,I will be in the area for a while.
cuhulin

IBOC Article Carter, K8VT Shortwave 338 April 4th 06 02:56 PM
Spectrum plot of an IBOC AM station David Shortwave 27 March 4th 04 05:47 AM
IBOC interference complaint - advice? WBRW Broadcasting 11 February 11th 04 01:08 AM