Old September 6th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kaito Radio Question

Has anyone had a chance to use the new KA1107 yet, and how does it
compare to the WRX911? They seem very similar (with the one obvious
exception being the '1107's alarm clock). The WRX is single
conversion, while the 1107 is double, and the 1107 has tone and
sensitivity switches, which are not on the WRX. The WRX does get good
reviews.

I was just about to order the Sangean PT933 when I noticed the 1107, as
I need the alarm and want it in an analog shortwave radio, so this may
be the choice.

Old September 6th 06, 09:13 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by
Has anyone had a chance to use the new KA1107 yet, and how does it
compare to the WRX911? They seem very similar (with the one obvious
exception being the '1107's alarm clock). The WRX is single
conversion, while the 1107 is double, and the 1107 has tone and
sensitivity switches, which are not on the WRX. The WRX does get good
reviews.

I was just about to order the Sangean PT933 when I noticed the 1107, as
I need the alarm and want it in an analog shortwave radio, so this may
be the choice.
Have you seen the reviews on radiointel.com?

http://www.radiointel.com/review-kaitoka1107.htm

http://www.radiointel.com/review-kaitowrx911.htm

The 1107 is a lot bigger than the WRX911; those reviews linked above give the dimensions of each radio. Another analog-tuned radio with an alarm is the Grundig G1000.
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old September 6th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I got my Degen DE1107 last fall. It's a good radio for it's size and price
range. I bought mine to use at the office.

To compare this radio to the DE1103 model wouldn't be fair. But the two
things I really like about the DE1107 over the DE1103 is the exceptional
sound quality and with a set of Powerex 2300 NiMH batteries I can get two
weeks (over 70 hours) of use on one charge. That makes this little radio
way more portable. I was thinking about getting the WRX911 but I figured
the "tiny" sound would get a little tiresome after a while.

The only down side I have about the DE1107 is that the clock display quit
working on mine after about four months, and I had to ship it back for a
warranty replacement. The one I have now works and sounds just fine!

oups.com...

Old September 7th 06, 12:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Thanks for the link, I didn't see the review listed on Intel's
homepage. Universal lists the G1000A, but not the G1000 and I didn't
see it under the "Discontinued Portable Receivers" list.

--
weatherall