Old September 7th 06, 03:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default So where are these SSB and pirate stations?

Daniel wrote:
I'm having fun with my new Sangean ATS909,

One moer link.

http://www.frn.net/ace/murphys.htm

-------------
WHAT FREQUENCIES ARE PIRATES USING NOW?

Keeping in mind that this can and will change with time, the most
popular frequencies in use for North American pirates at this writing
a (in order of most use)

6955khz in both AM and Upper and Lower Sideband
6950khz mainly being used in the AM mode
7415khz AM & SSB, the old standby from the 70's & 80's
13900khz in the AM mode
15043khz both SSB & AM
1650khz in the medium wave band in SSB
6240khz in AM & SSB (mostly euro-pirates)

European Pirate Frequencies
6200khz - 6300khz - very active at all hours
7415khz - 7550khz AM & SSB
3900khz - 4000khz AM 9995khz - AM
11400khz - 11725khz AM & SSB
12265khz - AM 15015khz - 15070khz AM & SSB