Old September 8th 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default So where are these SSB and pirate stations?

Daniel wrote:
I'm having fun with my new Sangean ATS909, but so far I listen to
official broadcasters only whose schedule I get on the Internet.

My ATS909 does SSB which seems to be a must for a "real" shortwave
radio. But, how do I find out which stations transmit on an SSB?

Also, how do I find these small, unofficial (pirate?) stations which
transmit the new world order? The official broadcasters are quite
diversified and interesting, but still quite "official".

Thanks,
Daniel

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.p...ecbe52b97a7d9a

Most of the shortwave pirate activity in the US currently takes place
in the range of 6850-6955 kHz, while some of us do experiment with
other frequencies.

6925, 6955, 6851 and 6875 kHz are the most active frequencies,
currently anytime between 2200-0300 UTC

This forum includes up to the minute loggings of pirate broadcasts in
North America (see "Ace loggings" section):

http://www.frn.net/vines/

Although it is not currently accepting new subscribers due to spam
issues, you can still view the loggings and try hearing what everyone
else is hearing while they're still on the air.

Also, you might want to join the "Free Radio Weekly" free pirate radio
email bulletin, which lists loggings and other items of interest. To
get a free subscription, just email your request to

Good Luck!

The Poet
The Crystal Ship