Old September 8th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Help please (OT)

In article . com,
"N9NEO" wrote:

I am trying to print out the MW information on the WWW.AMLOGBOOK.com
site. I need the frequency and call and state information to take with
me on a Broadcast DXpedition. The format is all messed up and doesn't
format so nice in notepad or word. I am not very good at all with text
type files so if you look at it maybe you can help out. Maybe I could
load this into a spreadsheet type of file?????

Data with varied spaces between them, what a pain.

Here is a trick to deal with data like this. Copy and paste the data
from the web page by the usual click, hold, and drag the cursor down the
page, once selected control-C to copy and control-V to paste the data
into any text editor program and then be sure to save it as text not a
Micro$oft word document for example. Now that you have the data saved as
a plain text file launch Excel and from there use the open command on
the text file. What should happen then is the "Text Import Wizard" will
open with formating options and an example of those selections on the
text file. You want to pick "Fixed width - Fields are aligned in columns
with spaces between each field." The example of the beginning of the
text file should show the data lining up. You will end up with the data
in columns in the spread sheet you can sort on.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California