Old September 16th 06, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Chinese FireDrake Jammer

Voice of Hope from Taiwan 6280 is scheduled 2200-2400 in Mandarin on 6280
(Saturdays and Sundays). At 2200 the FireDrake jammer fires up on the frequency.

The parallel frequency 2200-2300 is 9635 but it is blocked here. Parallel
2300-2400 is 7310 so it will be interesting to see if the FireDrake can be heard
there.

On other frequencies I've heard the FireDrake take a break from ToH to H+5, not
sure if the jamming folks use that time to listen to see if those they are
jamming are actually on the frequency.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 16th 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

Voice of Hope from Taiwan 6280 is scheduled 2200-2400 in Mandarin on 6280
(Saturdays and Sundays). At 2200 the FireDrake jammer fires up on the frequency.

Correction: It is Sound of Hope rather than Voice of Hope.

Old September 17th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dx(FMLAO)Ace wrote:

Correction: It is Sound of Hope rather than Voice of Hope.

Nope. This is actually the voice of the Michigan Loon. This species is,
unfortunately, nowhere near the endangered species list. Pity.

mike
Old September 17th 06, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default (OT) : Can-A-Duha-Ian Off-Topic Jammer

m II wrote:
dx(FMLAO)Ace wrote:

- - Correction: It is Sound of Hope rather than Voice of Hope.

- Nope. This is actually the voice of the Michigan Loon.
- This species is, unfortunately, nowhere near the
- endangered species list. Pity.
- mike

M II - What is Loony {Typically Can-A-Duha-Ian} is that you
post this reply to a specifically Shortwave Radio related
On-Topic Posting.

If you want to Go-Off on DX Ace when he is Off-Topic - Great.

-BUT- Why Pollute a perfectly good On Topic Posting ? ? ?

yes - i say that ! ~ RHF
Old September 18th 06, 06:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I just took my doggy out in the front yard.She squated down with her
tail straight up in the air like a radio antenna and took a squirt.Let
me cut the light and dream of wonder bras and get me beauty sleep.Move
over,Blueberry.
cuhulin