Old September 21st 06, 01:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default DX-120

Ala Cuhulin, I picked up a Realistic DX-120 at a yard sale today for $5.00.
Anyone got any experience with these, or can point me at some related links?

Old September 21st 06, 03:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Ala Cuhulin, I picked up a Realistic DX-120 at a yard sale today for $5.00.
Anyone got any experience with these, or can point me at some related links?

You've been cleaning up lately at those things. First that scanner and
now this. Only if you were lucky was yours as clean as this one:

http://www.signalharbor.com/dx120.html

Those are old. How does it work?

Old September 21st 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Not quite that clean. The only testing I've done so far it so plug it in to
make sure it lights up; I'll hook up a speaker & antenna to it this weekend
& give it a run. Probably end up selling it on ebay, as I can't stand
receivers with bandpass tuning!

"Beloved Leader" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old September 21st 06, 02:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Ala Cuhulin, I picked up a Realistic DX-120 at a yard sale today for $5.00.
Anyone got any experience with these, or can point me at some related links?

Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but didn't you pick up a
DX150 not too long ago? Use it for a day and become frustrated because
it used bandspread tuning?

Old September 21st 06, 02:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Actually, it was a DX-160, and yes, I wound up selling it to Universal Radio
because I can't stand bandpass tuning, so I plan on selling this too after I
check it to make sure it actually receives . . .

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Old September 21st 06, 08:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

IMHO it's illogical.

Lisa Simpson wrote:
I can't stand
receivers with bandpass tuning!

Why is that?

Old September 21st 06, 09:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Beloved Leader wrote:
Lisa Simpson wrote:
I can't stand
receivers with bandpass tuning!

Why is that?

The argument won't go anywhere I'm afraid........

Old September 21st 06, 09:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Lisa Simpson wrote:
Actually, it was a DX-160, and yes, I wound up selling it to Universal Radio
because I can't stand bandpass tuning, so I plan on selling this too after I
check it to make sure it actually receives . . .

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but didn't you pick up a
DX150 not too long ago? Use it for a day and become frustrated because
it used bandspread tuning?

Lisa Simpson wrote "bandpass" tuning.

John S. wrote "bandspread" tuning.

Two very different things.
Old September 21st 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Dick Chisel" wrote in message
m...
Lisa Simpson wrote:
Actually, it was a DX-160, and yes, I wound up selling it to Universal
Radio
because I can't stand bandpass tuning, so I plan on selling this too
after I
check it to make sure it actually receives . . .

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but didn't you pick up a
DX150 not too long ago? Use it for a day and become frustrated because
it used bandspread tuning?

Lisa Simpson wrote "bandpass" tuning.

John S. wrote "bandspread" tuning.

Two very different things.

Neither of which are illogical or frustrating! So I'm really curious to
hear Lisa Simpson's explanation.

Mike

Old September 22nd 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dick Chisel ) writes:
Lisa Simpson wrote:
Actually, it was a DX-160, and yes, I wound up selling it to Universal Radio
because I can't stand bandpass tuning, so I plan on selling this too after I
check it to make sure it actually receives . . .

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but didn't you pick up a
DX150 not too long ago? Use it for a day and become frustrated because
it used bandspread tuning?

Lisa Simpson wrote "bandpass" tuning.

John S. wrote "bandspread" tuning.

Two very different things.

Of course, very few receivers of 30 years ago and before had bandpass
tuning either.

Michael