Old September 24th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default CFRX 6070- an easy QSL

CFRX 6070 khz uses a Harris !kw transmitter to relay the programs of
CFRB Toronto 1010 khz. QSL's are handled by
the Ontario DX Association, 155 Main St. N. , Apt 313
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada, L3Y 8C2
reports can also be sent by email to

CFRX is heard mainly in the north-east in daytime and goes long skip at
night but it is always on.
Their website is: http://www.odxa.on.ca/ and it has lots of
information and links.

Old September 24th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"ve3..." wrote:

CFRX 6070 khz uses a Harris !kw transmitter to relay the programs of
CFRB Toronto 1010 khz. QSL's are handled by
the Ontario DX Association, 155 Main St. N. , Apt 313
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada, L3Y 8C2
reports can also be sent by email to

CFRX is heard mainly in the north-east in daytime and goes long skip at
night but it is always on.

Sorry to tell you, but when I checked yesterday they were not on, nor are they
on at present.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 24th 06, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"ve3..." wrote:

CFRX 6070 khz uses a Harris !kw transmitter to relay the programs of
CFRB Toronto 1010 khz.

The website given below states that they use an Elcom-Bauer 701B-HF transmitter.

Old September 24th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

"ve3..." wrote:

CFRX 6070 khz uses a Harris !kw transmitter to relay the programs of
CFRB Toronto 1010 khz.

The website given below states that they use an Elcom-Bauer 701B-HF
transmitter.

Most of the Bauers were kits, built on site by the station engineer. This
would indicate the transmitter is around 35 years old, and probably failing.

Old September 24th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Frackelton Gleason, still posing as 'Eduardo', tried really, really hard
when he wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

"ve3..." wrote:

CFRX 6070 khz uses a Harris !kw transmitter to relay the programs of
CFRB Toronto 1010 khz.

The website given below states that they use an Elcom-Bauer 701B-HF
transmitter.

Most of the Bauers were kits, built on site by the station engineer. This
would indicate the transmitter is around 35 years old, and probably failing.

Well, the article states that the transmitter was installed in 1983...

Old September 24th 06, 10:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"David Eduardo" ) writes:
"dxAce" wrote in message

"ve3..." wrote:

CFRX 6070 khz uses a Harris !kw transmitter to relay the programs of
CFRB Toronto 1010 khz.

The website given below states that they use an Elcom-Bauer 701B-HF
transmitter.

Most of the Bauers were kits, built on site by the station engineer. This
would indicate the transmitter is around 35 years old, and probably failing.

I've heard stories, though I can't remember if it was about the station that
relayed CFCF radio here in Montreal, or the Toronto station.

But I thought both stations would be off the air by now. I'd say it's
pretty definite for the Montreal relay, given that CFCF doesn't even
exist anymore.

But these sorts of relays likely have been around for decades, from
a time when they might have had some purpose, and just kept going
through lethargy. The company has likely changed hands a few
times, nobody around knows about it, etc, etc.

So yes, if it really is still transmitting, it likely gets
no attention and when something fails, likely that's it.

Michael

Old September 25th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Michael Black wrote:

"David Eduardo" ) writes:
"dxAce" wrote in message

"ve3..." wrote:

[...]

You be certain to get back to us when you get things figured out.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 25th 06, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dx(FMLAO)Ace wrote:

You be certain to get back to us when you get things figured out.

It's never stopped you, cretinous one.

mike

--
No, Mr. Chavez---Bush isn’t the devil. I’ve seen the devil’s work. He’s
competent.

Shakespeare's Sister
September 20, 2006
Old September 25th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

dx(FMLAO)Ace wrote:

You be certain to get back to us when you get things figured out.

It's never stopped you, cretinous one.

Run along, 'tard boy. I'm certain there's a newsgroup devoted to cartoons where
you and the other dumbass Canucks can congregate.

Leave the shortwaves to the big boys.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old September 25th 06, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dx(FMLAO)Ace wrote:

http://wilstar.com/midi/burp.wav