Old October 17th 06, 05:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default New JRC 630 Price !!

Hi,

Sent an e-mail to the folks in the UK that are apparently handling this
radio.

Wow !!! 7,000 Pounds is about $ 13,000 US

Think I'll be keeping my 545, unless I can convince the wife to get me the
630 rather than

a shirt for XMAS. Frankly, I kinda doubt it.

I get the feeling that the radio is being oriented (mainly) for the Marine
Community, but not sure if I am interpreting this right ?

Bob

-------------------

The JRC will be in the order of £7000

If you want more details please let me know

Regards

Chris Taylor G0WTZ

ML&S Martin Lynch & Sons Ltd

Outline House

73 Guildford Street

Chertsey Surrey KT16 9AS UK

Old October 17th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Robert11 wrote:

Hi,

Sent an e-mail to the folks in the UK that are apparently handling this
radio.

Wow !!! 7,000 Pounds is about $ 13,000 US

Think I'll be keeping my 545, unless I can convince the wife to get me the
630 rather than

a shirt for XMAS. Frankly, I kinda doubt it.

I get the feeling that the radio is being oriented (mainly) for the Marine
Community, but not sure if I am interpreting this right ?

Most likely it is aimed at the commercial market (Marine, Govt., etc.) One
wonders if they will have a new offering in the 500 series incorporating some
(or all) of the technology that is in the NRD-630. Something like a NRD-555 with
a bit more pedestrian price.

dxAce
Michigan
USA