RadioBanter

-   -   VOA Special English (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/107864-voa-special-english.html)

Chris Scibelli October 25th 06 06:50 AM

VOA Special English

My cousin will be soon departing back to Italy after having spent 3 months
studying english here in the States. I'd like to buy her a going away
present which will help her continue to study English. Does anybody know if
the VOA has a broadcast in Special English which can be reliably received in
Southern Italy on LW, MW SW, or FM. I checked out the VOA's site and they
have broadcasts over the web but she isn't a big internet user so I think
the radio is the best way to go.

TIA

Mike October 25th 06 07:06 AM

VOA Special English

If she's cute and single, give me her phone number and I'll be her tutor...

Seriously, how much money do you want to spend?

. ..

dxAce October 25th 06 10:59 AM

VOA Special English

Bart Bailey wrote:

In posted on
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 01:50:49 -0400, Chris Scibelli wrote: Begin

My cousin will be soon departing back to Italy after having spent 3 months
studying english here in the States. I'd like to buy her a going away
present which will help her continue to study English. Does anybody know if
the VOA has a broadcast in Special English which can be reliably received in
Southern Italy on LW, MW SW, or FM. I checked out the VOA's site and they
have broadcasts over the web but she isn't a big internet user so I think
the radio is the best way to go.

TIA

Maybe some of these can be received in Europe?
http://tinyurl.com/w6ps5

Beware of that schedule as it became effective October 30, 2005 and almost
certainly will be somewhat different after this coming weekend.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

[email protected] October 25th 06 09:45 PM

VOA Special English

I HOPE the dnc ****s all over the gop.
cuhulin

dxAce October 25th 06 09:52 PM

VOA Special English

wrote:

I HOPE the dnc ****s all over the gop.

Larry, it's time to put the beer away for the day.

[email protected] October 25th 06 10:33 PM

VOA Special English

Goober is fixin the kid's bicycle.
cuhulin

Slow Code October 26th 06 12:51 AM

VOA Special English

wrote in
:

I HOPE the dnc ****s all over the gop.
cuhulin

They gotta get done screwing each other first. There are a lot of Fags in
the democrat party. When we find them in the repub party we boot them
out.

SC

[email protected] October 26th 06 02:37 AM

sc gay basher

Less than two weeks untill ''election day''.
cuhulin

m II October 26th 06 04:30 AM

VOA Special English

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

I HOPE the dnc ****s all over the gop.

Larry, it's time to put the beer away for the day.

He has. The Whiskey bottle is now open and the dog is hiding under the
couch.

mike