Old October 25th 06, 06:50 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default VOA Special English

My cousin will be soon departing back to Italy after having spent 3 months
studying english here in the States. I'd like to buy her a going away
present which will help her continue to study English. Does anybody know if
the VOA has a broadcast in Special English which can be reliably received in
Southern Italy on LW, MW SW, or FM. I checked out the VOA's site and they
have broadcasts over the web but she isn't a big internet user so I think
the radio is the best way to go.

TIA

Old October 25th 06, 10:59 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bart Bailey wrote:

In posted on
Wed, 25 Oct 2006 01:50:49 -0400, Chris Scibelli wrote: Begin

My cousin will be soon departing back to Italy after having spent 3 months
studying english here in the States. I'd like to buy her a going away
present which will help her continue to study English. Does anybody know if
the VOA has a broadcast in Special English which can be reliably received in
Southern Italy on LW, MW SW, or FM. I checked out the VOA's site and they
have broadcasts over the web but she isn't a big internet user so I think
the radio is the best way to go.

TIA

Maybe some of these can be received in Europe?
http://tinyurl.com/w6ps5

Beware of that schedule as it became effective October 30, 2005 and almost
certainly will be somewhat different after this coming weekend.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 25th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I HOPE the dnc ****s all over the gop.
cuhulin

Old October 25th 06, 09:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

I HOPE the dnc ****s all over the gop.

Larry, it's time to put the beer away for the day.

Old October 25th 06, 10:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Goober is fixin the kid's bicycle.
cuhulin

Old October 26th 06, 12:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in
:

I HOPE the dnc ****s all over the gop.
cuhulin

They gotta get done screwing each other first. There are a lot of Fags in
the democrat party. When we find them in the repub party we boot them
out.

SC
Old October 26th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default sc gay basher

Less than two weeks untill ''election day''.
cuhulin

Old October 26th 06, 04:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

wrote:

I HOPE the dnc ****s all over the gop.

Larry, it's time to put the beer away for the day.

He has. The Whiskey bottle is now open and the dog is hiding under the
couch.

mike

Voice of Russia's schedule and transmission network... Max Power Shortwave 0 November 20th 05 10:48 PM
VT Communications B'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 12th 04 07:14 PM
SENTECH A'04 Mike Terry Shortwave 0 April 3rd 04 08:27 AM
Fwd: Sentech A04 WA4009SWL Shortwave 0 April 2nd 04 07:46 PM
Deutsche Welle English A04 N8KDV Shortwave 0 March 27th 04 10:05 PM