Old October 28th 06, 11:20 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

Default KTNN 660 Window Rock AZ in Ohio

Recently KTNN has been competing in Ohio with WFAN 660 NYC, after
about 6am, playing country music.

That's 1465 miles.

A protective null in their array to the east not working? Usually
the WFAN competition is Cubans.

Sort of interesting if you like truck ads in Navajo.

--
Ron Hardin

Old October 28th 06, 12:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ron Hardin wrote:

Recently KTNN has been competing in Ohio with WFAN 660 NYC, after
about 6am, playing country music.

That's 1465 miles.

A protective null in their array to the east not working? Usually
the WFAN competition is Cubans.

Sort of interesting if you like truck ads in Navajo.

Heard well here with an ID around 1119.

http://www.ktnnonline.com/

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 28th 06, 01:14 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

Ron Hardin wrote:

Recently KTNN has been competing in Ohio with WFAN 660 NYC, after
about 6am, playing country music.

That's 1465 miles.

A protective null in their array to the east not working? Usually
the WFAN competition is Cubans.

Sort of interesting if you like truck ads in Navajo.

Here's a minute of audio from 6:15 EDST this morning
http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/radio660ktnn.ram

They faded in and out, along with the Cubans and WFAN, and finally disappeared
around 7:50 EDST, after both the Cubans and WFAN.

Sunday morning will be standard time again, which I guess will affect
program schedules relative to propagation.

--
Ron Hardin

Old October 28th 06, 01:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ron Hardin wrote:

Ron Hardin wrote:

Recently KTNN has been competing in Ohio with WFAN 660 NYC, after
about 6am, playing country music.

That's 1465 miles.

A protective null in their array to the east not working? Usually
the WFAN competition is Cubans.

Sort of interesting if you like truck ads in Navajo.

Here's a minute of audio from 6:15 EDST this morning
http://rhhardin.home.mindspring.com/radio660ktnn.ram

They faded in and out, along with the Cubans and WFAN, and finally disappeared
around 7:50 EDST, after both the Cubans and WFAN.

Sunday morning will be standard time again, which I guess will affect
program schedules relative to propagation.

I just checked here again at 1215, but a no go as lost in the IBOC crap from 670.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old October 28th 06, 03:48 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

Ron,

That is a really nice recording!!!

Care to share the RX, Ant, & recording gear with us?

VY 73, Ken KG4BIG

Old October 28th 06, 04:39 PM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

Ken Wilson wrote:

Ron,

That is a really nice recording!!!

Care to share the RX, Ant, & recording gear with us?

VY 73, Ken KG4BIG

R8B (USB 2.3kHz), two Wellbrook ALA 1530's phased in an ANC-4 to reject
WFAN in NYT to the east and aimed to reject Cubans to the south,
recorded by Real Encoder 5.0 (1997) on a windows95 machine.

I run the encoder in batch mode. I can't figure out the graphical
interface. It used to be free from RealNetworks and may still be
there, for all I know. 8.5kbs is a fine encoding rate for non-music.

--
Ron Hardin

Old October 29th 06, 12:45 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

Well....... according to the 27th edition ot the NRC AM Radiom Log....
KTNN is 50kw day & night with an antenna code of U2 which means Omni
Directional by day & directional at Night.
The NRC data may be wrong..... but I doubt it.

73, Ken KG4BIG

John Rethorst wrote:
In article , Ron Hardin
wrote:

Recently KTNN has been competing in Ohio with WFAN 660 NYC, after
about 6am, playing country music.

That's 1465 miles.

A protective null in their array to the east not working? Usually
the WFAN competition is Cubans.

IIRC KTNN is licensed non-directional daytime, directional nights? And they
don't broadcast nights?

--
John Rethorst
jrethorst at post dot com

Old October 29th 06, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ken Wilson wrote:

Well....... according to the 27th edition ot the NRC AM Radiom Log....
KTNN is 50kw day & night with an antenna code of U2 which means Omni
Directional by day & directional at Night.
The NRC data may be wrong..... but I doubt it.

Day and night coverage map:

http://www.ktnnonline.com/article.asp?id=68345

Squint closely and you can see the little daytime circle.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Drake R7, R8, R8A and R8B

Old October 29th 06, 03:06 AM posted to alt.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 28 Oct 2006 14:38:13 -0700, John Rethorst
wrote:

In article , Ron Hardin
wrote:

Recently KTNN has been competing in Ohio with WFAN 660 NYC, after
about 6am, playing country music.

That's 1465 miles.

A protective null in their array to the east not working? Usually
the WFAN competition is Cubans.

IIRC KTNN is licensed non-directional daytime, directional nights? And they
don't broadcast nights?

S9 +15 here in North L. A. County.