Old November 18th 06, 07:22 PM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Question Kaito KA11 clock/temperature display

I had to pull the batteries out of my KA11 in order to change the clock mode from 24-hour to 12-hour. When I did that, the temperature display on the LCD changed from fahrenheit to celsius. The manual doesn't mention this setting so I don't know how to fix it. Anyone know?
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old November 18th 06, 11:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Kaito KA11 clock/temperature display

Strange ! 24-hour display should be the "international" option along
with Celsius, while the more "American" 12-hour display should work
with American Fahrenheit...
Kaito must have gotten something wrong there.

Old November 19th 06, 07:00 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacquesq
Strange ! 24-hour display should be the "international" option along
with Celsius, while the more "American" 12-hour display should work
with American Fahrenheit...
Kaito must have gotten something wrong there.
Another option would be to combine the 9 khz spacing for AM with the celsius temperature display.
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old November 19th 06, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

--
weatherall

- 1105 is always in Celsius. check around . . .

Wanted: ICOM 756ProII Display Rick Frazier Homebrew 0 September 23rd 06 07:45 AM
Icom 208h Display Problem DP Equipment 1 May 15th 06 08:13 PM
Kenwood TM-732A Display Problem Dick Equipment 6 March 2nd 04 04:25 PM
Kaito WRX-911 quality control issues? Kevin Croxen Shortwave 16 December 9th 03 04:13 PM
pro-2022 display Bob Parnass Scanner 0 August 9th 03 03:18 AM