Old November 20th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Mart LIES again

I think it was Drake SW-4 Radios that Chuck Harder used to advertise for
about $244.00 on his radio talk show.He used to say put some batteries
in the radios and take them outside for better reception.
cuhulin

Old November 20th 06, 09:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
I think it was Drake SW-4 Radios that Chuck Harder used to advertise for
about $244.00 on his radio talk show.He used to say put some batteries
in the radios and take them outside for better reception.
cuhulin

Yes Cuhulin - take em outside for better reception. I think I like
that Drake SW-8 I think it's called. Maybe I will own one someday.

I went to visit my in-laws in Phillipsburg, NJ over the weekend. I
gave my in-laws a demo of the NEO-Loop antanna.

The NEO-loop antenna is a large loop made out of those Orange
fiberglass sticks that you poke into your front lawn before the plow
guys show up. They tell em where the sod starts so they pick up the
freekin plow blade so they don't rip up the lawn. It's got 8 or so
turns and a big dual 450uuf varyable capacitor to ring with the loop.
So I go outside and tune it up on the picnic table to 1500kc and back
in the house with the radio. The radio is buzzin like a yellojacket
nest in the house and I explain it's all the power supplies & micros in
the computers and ovens and stuff around the house. Then my neice
brings radio outside and buzzin goes away but still nothing. Then I
tell her to walk over by the loop and then the radio is blaring out
maybe some DC 50kw station or something. A pretty impressive demo.
Neice has Degen DE1103 radio I think and her brother has some old
portable radio he got from his grandpa.

73
NEO