Old November 30th 06, 10:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default "Jean Shepherd house" sold, open for tours

Well, actually the house where little Ralphie Parker grew up in the
movie dreaming of saving his family from bears, outlaws or injuns or
whatever with his genyewine Red Rider BB Gun

http://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/
http://www.abc4.com/news/weird_news/...4-6AEBA3E0F341

I heard this on the opening blurb of As It Happens and I found links
in Google news and the Jean Shepherd fan website,
http://www.flicklives.com.

Of course, decades old Jean Shepherd shows can be heard on WBCQ, 741t6
MHz Mondays at 1700 ELT (streams) ,,,Nand on WBAI in NYC (streams and
on demand at Flicklives.com) Tuesdays at 0515 ELT.

Old December 1st 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Tester wrote:
Of course, decades old Jean Shepherd shows can be heard on WBCQ,

What was the name of his theme song.

It's as if I can hear him even now, coming on the air on WOR. How many
years has it been?

Old December 1st 06, 10:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Beloved Leader wrote:

What was the name of his theme song.

It's as if I can hear him even now, coming on the air on WOR. How many
years has it been?

"The Bahn Frei Polka (Clear Track) by Edouard Strauss. The rendition
Shep used is by Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops. It's available on CD
as RCA # 09026-61688-2 and it's titled "Strauss Family Waltzes" / Arthur
Fiedler Boston Pops Orchestra."

from the Shep website FAQ.
http://www.keyflux.com/shep/

Old December 1st 06, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Tester" wrote in message
g...
Well, actually the house where little Ralphie Parker grew up in the
movie dreaming of saving his family from bears, outlaws or injuns or
whatever with his genyewine Red Rider BB Gun

http://www.achristmasstoryhouse.com/

http://www.abc4.com/news/weird_news/...4-6AEBA3E0F341

I heard this on the opening blurb of As It Happens and I found links
in Google news and the Jean Shepherd fan website,
http://www.flicklives.com.

Of course, decades old Jean Shepherd shows can be heard on WBCQ,

741t6
MHz Mondays at 1700 ELT (streams) ,,,Nand on WBAI in NYC (streams

and
on demand at Flicklives.com) Tuesdays at 0515 ELT.

You'll shoot yer eye out, kid!

I just want to know who'd want to buy one
of those "leg lamps".

--Mike L.