Old December 8th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Balun for "F"type Connectors??????

There's a guy on eBay (RFJUNKIE?) who sells baluns which use F connectors.

wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a reciever that has 2 screw antenna connections, 300 ohm. I
currently use RG-6 coax so I use a 4:1 matching tranformer at my
reciever and also at the Windom antenna in the attic.

I would like to setup a 90 ft random wire antenna outside using the
RG-6 and feed thru a ground block to the matching transformer into my
reciever. I'll need a 9:1 balun at the feed, but have not found a
ready made balun that accepts the "F" type coax connector. The ICE-180
and one currrently on eBay use a SO-239 connector and I have not found
connectors available to adapt to the RG-6.

Does any one know of a 9:1 Balun that accepts the "f" type connector?

Brian

Old December 8th 06, 08:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
news
There's a guy on eBay (RFJUNKIE?) who sells baluns which use F connectors.

Unfortunately he is out of stock and will not be making anymore.

Brian

Old December 9th 06, 10:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
Follow the links . . .

http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/

http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/product.html

http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/LMZ-50.html

http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/LMZ-75.html

http://www.geocities.com/qrp_baluns/app-lmz-75.html

http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...+adapters&pg=1

http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...&kw=rg6%20coax

~ RHF
.

Per my posting you tagged this reply to...

"Unfortunately he is out of stock and will not be making anymore. "

http://search.ebay.ca/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQf...QsassZrfjunkie

And the radio shack links are to "F" connectors.

Brian
.
. .

On Dec 8, 12:53 pm, "amyotte" wrote:
"Jim Hackett" wrote in messagenews
There's a guy on eBay (RFJUNKIE?) who sells baluns which use F connectors.Unfortunately he is out of stock and will not be making anymore.

Brian

oups.com...

Old December 12th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default RF Junkie QRP Baluns - The Last-of-the-Last ? ? ?

For One and All,

Theses may be the 'last-of-the-last' and may be . . .
some of the 'best -of-the-best' of RF Junkie's Baluns
for Shortwave Listeners (SWLs) designed for use with
standard 50 Ohm Coax Cable PL-259 Connector.

Shortwave Antenna Longwire Balun # LMZ-50
http://cgi.ebay.com/Shortwave-Antenn...mZ150069112124
http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ150069112124

Note - The 75 Ohm "F" Connector Baluns are now all gone.
Shortwave Antenna Longwire Transformer Balun - # LMZ-75

So... When they are gone - Will there be any more ? ? ?
- - - Only RF Junkie Know For Sure !
http://myworld.ebay.com/rfjunkie/

iane ~ RHF
Old December 12th 06, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:
For One and All,

Theses may be the 'last-of-the-last' and may be . . .
some of the 'best -of-the-best' of RF Junkie's Baluns
for Shortwave Listeners (SWLs) designed for use with
standard 50 Ohm Coax Cable PL-259 Connector.

snips

Is he going out of business? I did not a see a note anywhere...

Maybe he is just liquidating a previous deisgn in favor of a new
design, for which he is tooling up?

BJ

Old December 12th 06, 04:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

bpnjensen wrote:
RHF wrote:
For One and All,

Theses may be the 'last-of-the-last' and may be . . .
some of the 'best -of-the-best' of RF Junkie's Baluns
for Shortwave Listeners (SWLs) designed for use with
standard 50 Ohm Coax Cable PL-259 Connector.

snips

Is he going out of business? I did not a see a note anywhere...

Maybe he is just liquidating a previous deisgn in favor of a new
design, for which he is tooling up?

BJ

Per an email I had from RFjunkie he will no longer be making Baluns.
Once they're gone they're gone.

Brian

Old December 12th 06, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote: Per an email I had from RFjunkie he
will no longer be making Baluns.

Once they're gone they're gone.

Brian

That's too bad - he had a good product at a bargain. Must have found a
more lucrative business...or got tired of making them.

Old December 13th 06, 07:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Dec 12, 9:31 am, "bpnjensen" wrote:
wrote: Per an email I had from RFjunkie hewill no longer be making Baluns.

Once they're gone they're gone.

BrianThat's too bad - he had a good product at a bargain. Must have found a

more lucrative business...or got tired of making them.

Often an advocation is simply not a profitable business :
While the time spent may be interesting and enjoyable;
it does not yield and income equal to the investment of
our time, energy and resources.

i wish rf junkie well in all his future endevors ~ RHF