Old December 18th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Grundig YB400PE

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news

Worth the 25 bucks I bought it for?

COOSN-266-06-25794

My YB400 (the older black model) was an excellent performer, except for battery usage.
It ate 'em and used 6 at a time. A decent wall wart and RFI/EMI shielded surge suppressor
was my choice for power due to the above mentioned consumption of batteries.

$25 is a real bargain for the performance it gives, assuming you have tested it and it's
picking up SW stations.

Try some of the English language broadcasts listed in various formats at
http://www.primetimeshortwave.com

Old December 19th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That was my first shortwave radio, and I still use it regularly. You
got a bargain.

Only big drawback with the YB400 is that the SSB performance is not
that great (no separate lower and upper sideband setting). Still, a
great radio for program listening, and you can get some decent DX with
it.

Meat Plow wrote:
On Mon, 18 Dec 2006 22:20:04 +0000, Sanjaya Has Frothed:

"Meat Plow" wrote in message
news

Worth the 25 bucks I bought it for?

COOSN-266-06-25794

My YB400 (the older black model) was an excellent performer, except for battery usage.
It ate 'em and used 6 at a time. A decent wall wart and RFI/EMI shielded surge suppressor
was my choice for power due to the above mentioned consumption of batteries.

$25 is a real bargain for the performance it gives, assuming you have tested it and it's
picking up SW stations.

Try some of the English language broadcasts listed in various formats at
http://www.primetimeshortwave.com

Thanks, it does function perfectly and SW is crowded with signals.

COOSN-266-06-25794