Old December 19th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Sangean DRM-40, is it worth the Money?

Does anyone plan to buy the Sangean DRM-40 ? It is the first of a kind,
but is it worth the money ? Many people here don't seem to like Sangean
.. I've never owned one, but there don't seem to be many choices in SW
radio anymore.
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/jul...gean_drm40.htm

Old December 20th 06, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Lustig wrote:

Does anyone plan to buy the Sangean DRM-40 ? It is the first of a kind,
but is it worth the money ? Many people here don't seem to like Sangean
. I've never owned one, but there don't seem to be many choices in SW
radio anymore.
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/jul...gean_drm40.htm

No.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 20th 06, 07:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

FO&A,

Sangean DRM-40 is 'it' "The DRM Radio" many Shortwave Listeners
(SWLs) have been waiting for. A Radio Receiver that tunes Longwave,
Medium Wave (AM Band) and the Shortwave Wave (SW) Band with
built-in support of DAB, RDS and DRM.
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...ble/0040a.html
http://www.thiecom.de/drm40.htm
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...e/0040atop.jpg
http://www.thiecom.de/ftp/sangean/dr...io-preinfo.pdf

http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...e/0040alrg.jpg
http://www.sangean.com/product.php?model=DRM-40
Note - Also cover the standard FM Broadcast Band 88-108 MHz.
http://www.sangean.nl/English/index.php?opt1=News
http://www.sangean.nl/English/?opt1=..._RADIO&opt5=70
The Sangean DRM-40 features is a Rotatable AM/WM Band Bar
Antenna that can be plugged into the top of the radio.
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...e/0040barb.jpg
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL.../0040atop.html

Good 'pix' of the Sangean DRM-40 Radio from RigPix.Com
http://www.rigpix.com/dabdrm/sangean_drm40.htm
- - - RigPix.Com listed Specs :
Type: Portable DAB/DRM multimode receiver
Frequency range: LW / MW / SW / 87.5-108 MHz / Band III
Mode: DAB/DRM/AM/WFM (Stereo with headphones

DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) Radio List from RigPix.Com
http://www.rigpix.com/dabdrm/dabdrm.htm

and now you know ~ RHF
Old December 20th 06, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Last week at the Wal Mart store,I saw a radio that has AM/FM/CD player
and a bunch of other stuff.The radio on the display shelf had a little
screen on it and there was a moving image on the screen.What is that
for?
cuhulin

Old December 20th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Kinetic Avionic SBS-1 Virtual Radar Receiver.(rigpix.com) Do those
really work? I wouldn't mind owning one of those.There are a lot of
Airplanes and Helicopters that fly over my neighborhood.Skycopter 3
www.wlbt.com has started selling rides over the Jackson area.Who in
their right mind would want to fly around in a Helicopter? Talk about
noise pollution! I wish they would stop those Helicoter rides.
cuhulin

Old December 20th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Lustig wrote:
Does anyone plan to buy the Sangean DRM-40 ? It is the first of a kind,
but is it worth the money ? Many people here don't seem to like Sangean
. I've never owned one, but there don't seem to be many choices in SW
radio anymore.
http://www.southgatearc.org/news/jul...gean_drm40.htm

I'd never buy such a thing. I have no problem with Sangean at all, but
this is a DRM receiver.