Old December 22nd 06, 11:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default So You Want To Run Your 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio On Batteries . . .

WaveTrapper - Yes that is true. ~ RHF

What I found interesting was the 9 V Battery Data.
It would seem that Alkalines are still the best 9 V
Battery choice for most applications.
.
.
.. .

On Dec 21, 6:57*am, "wavetrapper" wrote:
Interesting chart.

It should be noted that is somewhat out of date.

NiMH AA capactiy is way more than 1200 maH now. *I believe I have seen
them as high as 2800....perhaps they are even greater now. *For some
applications, they rival alkaline.

RHF wrote:
FO&A,

So You Want To Run Your 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio On Batteries .
. .

Some Battery : Facts, Info and Obervations.

* *Batteries- A Usage Guide
http://www.solarbotics.net/library/p..._pass_bat.html

* *Batteries Compared - AAA, AA, 9V; Carbon Zinc, Alkaline, NiCd, NiMh
http://www.solarbotics.net/library/p...s_batcomp.html

* *Technical Information - Battery Engineering Guide
ENERGIZER DATA =http://data.energizer.com/

dc power -interesting- may the force be with you - iane ~ RHF
*.
I-B Somewhere on "The Big Blue Marble"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Marble
{ Earth - The Third Planet from the Sun }
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_planet_from_the_Sun
*.
Shortwave Listener Antennas =http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
SWL Antenna Group =http://tinyurl.com/ogvcf
*.
The Shortwave Listener's Blessing :
SWL BLESSING =http://tinyurl.com/s2bjm
May You Never Tire of Listening to the Radio and Always
have Strong Signals and Noise Free Reception ~ RHF {ibid}
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortw...a/message/9233
*.
Tous Sont Bienvenus ! - - - Groupe par Radio
d'auditeur d'onde courte pour des Antennes de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
*.
Alle Sind Willkommen ! - - - Shortwave Radiozuhörer
Gruppe für SWL Antennen
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
*.
Tutti Sono Benvenuti ! - - - Gruppo Radiofonico
dell'ascoltatore di onda corta per le Antenne di SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
*.
Todos São Bem-vindos ! - - - Grupo de Rádio
do ouvinte do Shortwave para Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
*.
Все *адушны ! - - - Группа оператора
на приеме коротковолнового диапазона
Radio для Aнтенн SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
*.
¡Todos Son Agradables! - - - Grupo de Radio del oyente
de la onda corta para las Antenas de SWL
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Shortwave-SWL-Antenna/
*.
= = = = Plain Old American-English Translation = = = =
All are Welcome - - - To Join the Shortwave Listeners
(SWL) Antenna Group on YAHOO !
*.
*|
*|
*|
/ \

Old December 24th 06, 03:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Many people know this, but there are likely some that don't.

9 v. alkaline batteries have six 1.5v. cells inside the rectangular can
(smaller than AAAs) that are welded together. This is why 9 volt
batteries (at least in my experience) are somewhat unreliable/high
failure rates. It just takes one of those internal 1.5 v. cells to
fail....or a bad weld or two.

I assume a NiMH rechargeable is the same construction. A "9 V.
rechargeable" is only 7.2 volts....so you are giving up a lot there.
For sure, you wouldn't want to use these in smoke detectors.

RHF wrote:
WaveTrapper - Yes that is true. ~ RHF

What I found interesting was the 9 V Battery Data.
It would seem that Alkalines are still the best 9 V
Battery choice for most applications.
.
.
. .

On Dec 21, 6:57*am, "wavetrapper" wrote:
Interesting chart.

It should be noted that is somewhat out of date.

NiMH AA capactiy is way more than 1200 maH now. *I believe I have seen
them as high as 2800....perhaps they are even greater now. *For some
applications, they rival alkaline.

FO&A,

Old December 24th 06, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default So You Want To Run Your 'portable' AM/FM Shortwave Radio OnBat...

Alkaline Batteries really are the best.
Howsomever,ayyboot a week ago on the enterhernet,I read that Panasonic
has developed a Li-on Battery that can not short out and catch laptop
computers and houses on fire.
cuhulin