Old December 29th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 3.396 Mhz. Radio Zimbabwe

Radio Zimbabwe still has a pretty good signal @ 03:45 on 3.396mhz here
in Central KY. Must be well past dawn there???

Using an R71a AND A K9AY tonight.

73, Ken KG4BIG

Old December 29th 06, 04:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Nice catch in Kentucky.
It's not a very easy catch here, so your K9AY must be performing very well -
congratulations!

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

ups.com...

Old December 29th 06, 10:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I wouldn't count on getting anything from Zimbo too quickly - they are
utterly broke and even bread is in short supply. They haven't even got money
to print passports for the locals or print their funny money banknotes on
decent fraud resistant paper. Inflation is running at 1000% and it is only
Red China that is offering them a bit of a lifeline so that they can import
a bit of gas for their auto's.

Maybe a few US$ notes to the right person might get a QSL response..??

"dxAce" wrote in message

Ken Wilson wrote:

Radio Zimbabwe still has a pretty good signal @ 03:45 on 3.396mhz here
in Central KY. Must be well past dawn there???

They may still be using the same QSL. It's an oversize one measuring about
5 1/2
x 8 inches.

Here is an example:

http://www.antique-corner.com/SWLQSL/zimbabwe.htm

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old December 30th 06, 03:32 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hi John,

I do not send reception reports. When I was a kid I really looked
forward to the QSL's.

I also really wanted to get my 100 countries worked DXCC after I got my
amateur radio operator's ticket so I was always getting envelopes from
the FISTS club & ARRL QSL BURO.

Now I really do not care about a verification. I have nothing to prove
nor any one to impress

Thanks for the advice however as many that are here do seek QSL's.

Vy 73, Ken KG4BIG