Old December 30th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default A very good tabletop radio to buy

lsmyer wrote:
I bought one of the very first Radio Shack Model 12-150 radios a few
months ago and if memory serves me right, it did an excellent job with
FM sensitivity even with the antenna down. It's a big radio and I really
liked the way AM and FM stations sounded through its speaker. Here's a
direct link to Radio Shack's website.
http://tinyurl.com/y3pz9c
If you live near a local Radio Shack, go to the store and try it. You
could take another radio with you for comparison or try it against all
the other radios you find there.

By the way, I would have probably kept the radio because of its great
sound alone, but something inside it shorted out so I took it back the
next morning. I would have gotten a replacement but there wasn't one
available at that time.

The RS 12-150 smells of the S350 (same cheap plastic box and switches)
and has quality-control problems too:

http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/6263

Extreme range my ass - all of the S350s, CCradios, SuperAdios are just
over-hyped, cheap plastic boxes. My $10 Sony gets the same stations as
my now-returned S350.