Old December 30th 06, 02:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tom Tom is offline

Default YLE Finland to cease shortwave broadcasting on Jan 1st, 2007

Any chance to catch them in Eastern US today?

I've checked Passport and primetimeshortwave, but no listings.

I did hear Fiinnish conversation on the broadcast bands (can't remember the
freq.) several days ago, sounded like a casual interview and then
disappeared at the top of the hour rather abruptly.

"Paul Dwerryhouse" wrote in message
As of January 1st, YLE in Finland will cease broadcasting on the shortwave
bands, concentrating instead on internet and satellite broadcasting.

I cannot find a direct link to the news report on their website, however
this
is cached in Google:

"From January,1st. a world band radio will no longer keep Finnish
listeners in
touch with news from home. This follows a decision taken earlier this year
by
YLE to close down all international short wave broadcasts in favour of
internet, mobile and satellite services"

http://www.google.com/search?q=cache...n&ct=clnk&cd=2

Last chance to catch their Latin broadcasts too, I guess:

http://www.yleradio1.fi/nuntii/id90.shtml

Cheers,

Paul

--
Paul Dwerryhouse | PGP Key ID: 0x6B91B584

shortWWWave: http://shortwwwave.com/

Old December 31st 06, 09:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Some information:
http://www.ulkomaanmedia.net/engl1.shtml

--
----