Old December 31st 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default The coziness of DXing

Maybe it's late at night. Maybe in the middle of the day with a cup
of tea. I'll catch a good DX station and hear something human: two
people talking or perhaps a radio host taking calls from listeners.
They could be talking politics or horror movies. I love listening to
radio. Will it last? There's nothing like a good radio and all the
entertainment available on the airwaves.

Old December 31st 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dead of night wrote:
Maybe it's late at night. Maybe in the middle of the day with a cup
of tea. I'll catch a good DX station and hear something human: two
people talking or perhaps a radio host taking calls from listeners.
They could be talking politics or horror movies. I love listening to
radio. Will it last? There's nothing like a good radio and all the
entertainment available on the airwaves.

Hopefully, nighttime AM DXing will be around for a while (atleast, it
looks that way in Canada), if HD Radio/IBOC is not approved for
nighttime (HD Radio will fail, anyway). Sometimes, I also listen to
Internet Radio, while I look at porn.

Old December 31st 06, 04:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article om,
"dead of night" wrote:

Maybe it's late at night. Maybe in the middle of the day with a cup
of tea. I'll catch a good DX station and hear something human: two
people talking or perhaps a radio host taking calls from listeners.
They could be talking politics or horror movies. I love listening to
radio. Will it last? There's nothing like a good radio and all the
entertainment available on the airwaves.

It will last as long as you are willing to listen.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 31st 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article , lsmyer
wrote:

Nothing compares to radio. It's truly magical.

Right on!

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 31st 06, 04:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dead of night wrote:
Maybe it's late at night. Maybe in the middle of the day with a cup
of tea. I'll catch a good DX station and hear something human: two
people talking or perhaps a radio host taking calls from listeners.
They could be talking politics or horror movies. I love listening to
radio. Will it last? There's nothing like a good radio and all the
entertainment available on the airwaves.

I'de rather cozy up to some, "young Oriental thing" !

Old December 31st 06, 04:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Nawwww,,,, I won't say that one either.
cuhulin

Old December 31st 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

All you need now is your DX kitty sitting on your lap or laying on
your radio table for company.

Old December 31st 06, 06:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

MojaveDxer wrote:
All you need now is your DX kitty sitting on your lap or laying on
your radio table for company.

I want a "DX Kitty" like Art Bell got himself! I think his kitty is
named Airyn. She could sit on my lap; I'd not even mind her laying on
my radio gear!

Darn XYL here won't let me have one!

Regards,
JS