Old January 1st 07, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Happy New Year

And a very Happy New Year to you to Steve and all at r.r.s from the Southern
tip of Africa.
May the good DX waft in and may the QSL's return super quick from those few
exotic countries you still do not have like Isla da Pascua.

My cousin and his wife are visiting, but last nights celebrations were a bit
muted as his wife got an attack of asthma.
It's five a.m. now and the sun is just rising on what looks to be a lovely
sunny summers day

"dxAce" wrote in message
With about 45 minutes left in this year, at least on a GMT basis, I'd like
wish all the fine folks of RRS a very Happy New Year.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 8th 07, 11:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

And a very Happy New Year to you to Steve and all at r.r.s from the Southern
tip of Africa.
May the good DX waft in and may the QSL's return super quick from those few
exotic countries you still do not have like Isla da Pascua.

Unfortunately, Isla de Pasua doesn't have a SWBC station!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 16th 07, 08:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

And a very Happy New Year to you to Steve and all at r.r.s from the Southern
tip of Africa.
May the good DX waft in and may the QSL's return super quick from those few
exotic countries you still do not have like Isla da Pascua.

Any idea of current times and frequencies for Isla da Pascua?

Wasn't there only a flight or two a day out of there?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 17th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

For the times of flights you have to look up the LAN airline schedules. They
are the only scheduled airline flying there apart from the odd Chilean
airforce activity.
See www.lan.com
Ya, there are only one or two flights a day depending on the day of the
week.

Mark from Auckland NZ gave me the frequencies a year or two ago, but I can
no longer find them = sorry.
One was 8867USB MWARA SP, and the other was 5 megs, perhaps 5643?
Working that freq. he found "Pascua Radio" and "Tahiti Radio" in Spanish wkg
LAN a/c.

Have fun and good luck.

South 33 d 47 m 32 s, East 20 d 07 m 32 s
RX Icom IC-756 PRO III with MW mods
Drake SW8 & ERGO software
Sony 7600D, GE SRIII, Redsun RP2100
BW XCR 30, Sangean 803A.
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop, PAORDT Roelof mini-whip
http://www.dxing.info/about/dxers/plimmer.dx

Old January 17th 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

For the times of flights you have to look up the LAN airline schedules. They
are the only scheduled airline flying there apart from the odd Chilean
airforce activity.
See www.lan.com
Ya, there are only one or two flights a day depending on the day of the
week.

Mark from Auckland NZ gave me the frequencies a year or two ago, but I can
no longer find them = sorry.
One was 8867USB MWARA SP, and the other was 5 megs, perhaps 5643?
Working that freq. he found "Pascua Radio" and "Tahiti Radio" in Spanish wkg
LAN a/c.

Yes, looking at my map, both those freq's cover SP including Isla da Pascua.

Old January 18th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Well Steve, I sure will be filled with admiration if you get Pascua aeradio
from far off Holland, MI.
And if you actually ever manage to get them to QSL that I will be even more
over the moon for you.

I don't follow the WUN fella's anymore, but Pascua is a very rare catch
indeed and I can't ever remember anyone getting a QSL - so good luck and my
best wishes for that = I'm sure it will be a hard to beat first. A really
tough cat and mouse target requiring all the finest DXing skills.

My rarest QSL 's were Nandi and Cambridge Bay - both took over a year and
several desperate letters. In those days I didn't even have a tape deck, so
my reports were laboriously handmade.
Another interesting one was Coco's Island before they went off the air
permanently.

Old January 18th 07, 03:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

John Plimmer wrote:

Well Steve, I sure will be filled with admiration if you get Pascua aeradio
from far off Holland, MI.
And if you actually ever manage to get them to QSL that I will be even more
over the moon for you.

I don't follow the WUN fella's anymore, but Pascua is a very rare catch
indeed and I can't ever remember anyone getting a QSL - so good luck and my
best wishes for that = I'm sure it will be a hard to beat first. A really
tough cat and mouse target requiring all the finest DXing skills.

My rarest QSL 's were Nandi and Cambridge Bay - both took over a year and
several desperate letters. In those days I didn't even have a tape deck, so
my reports were laboriously handmade.
Another interesting one was Coco's Island before they went off the air
permanently.

I did hear Nandi the other morning along with Tahiti.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Happy New Year! Ross Shortwave 2 January 1st 05 05:52 PM
New Year! dxAce Shortwave 3 December 31st 04 02:04 PM
Dayton this year TK41C Boatanchors 5 June 1st 04 05:48 AM
FS: QST 1936 full year 1937 Full year 1938 (miss Dec) Douglas Snowden Swap 0 May 4th 04 03:02 AM
Happy New Year ! Hamguy Swap 0 January 1st 04 05:26 AM