Old January 2nd 07, 12:35 AM
Senior Member

Location: san francisco, ca
Arrow Kaito KA2100 page at Univ Radio

Universal Radio added a page for the upcoming Kaito KA2100. As of now, there is no price listed.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2100.html
__________________
weatherall :: http://cobaltpet.blogspot.com/
Old January 2nd 07, 11:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DJ DJ is offline

Default Kaito KA2100 page at Univ Radio

No 'pre-sets'?

Old January 2nd 07, 07:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

DJ schrieb:

No 'pre-sets'?

10 per band, for a total of 50. Bands are AMBCB (9/10 kHz), FM and SW
1.7..10, 10..20, 20..30 MHz. (The SW bands are there for convenience
only, they dot no reflect in frontend filtering though that wouldn't
have hurt. An ambitious modder might be able to do something about that
using one of the unused bandswitch sections though.) While strong signal
handling on shortwave could be better (the high maximum RF gain
emphasises this even more), performance on AMBCB and FM is very good,
reflecting the above-average effort put in there. For those interested,
there is a schematic (called "service manual") available for the
Roadstar TRA-2350P, a rebranded RP2000 (same radio w/o presets).

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
Ist ein Sammler von Grundig-Uhrenradios eigentlich ein Sonoclocker?
Old January 3rd 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Dan Say schrieb:

More details on :
http://www.thiecom.de/thieking/de1121/index.htm

That's the wrong rx. This would be better for a start:
http://www.kaitousa.com/KA2100.htm
Or this quite well-known review:
http://www.radiointel.com/review-redsunrp2100.htm
And for my take on a rebranded RP2000 (same minus the presets):
http://stephan.win31.de/rx-eval.htm#rp2000

Stephan
--
Home: http://stephan.win31.de/
Fachidioten sind out - gefragt sind heute Mehrfach- und Vollidioten...
Old January 4th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

weatherall wrote:
Universal Radio added a page for the upcoming Kaito KA2100. As of now,
there is no price listed.

http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/2100.html

--
weatherall

God, do I smell another Grundig S350 !

Old January 4th 07, 10:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tom Tom is offline

Default Degen 1121 [Kaito KA1121] without the MP3 Player - How does One Read the Frequency ?

RHF wrote:
The new Degen 1121 looks interesting =BUT=
The MP3 Player {Main LCD} is also the Radio's Frequency
Display and when the MP3 Player is remove . . .
How Does One Read the Frequency of the Radio ? ? ?

The small LCD provides a digital frequency readout. The MP3 provides an
analog display in addition to many other features. This is from
second-hand info. Both the MP3 Recorder and the Radio base for it can
operate independently.

Tom

Old January 5th 07, 06:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

God, do I smell another Grundig S350 !

Definitely not-there is no comparison. I gave my 350 to my wife to use
around the house-for that it's fine.

I liked the RP2100 so much I got two, and I'm damn fussy.

Rich

Old January 5th 07, 08:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jan 4, 2:21 pm, "Tom" wrote:
RHF wrote:
The new Degen 1121 looks interesting =BUT=
The MP3 Player {Main LCD} is also the Radio's Frequency
Display and when the MP3 Player is remove . . .
How Does One Read the Frequency of the Radio ? ? ?

- The small LCD provides a digital frequency readout.
- The MP3 provides an analog display in addition to
- many other features.
- This is from second-hand info.
- Both the MP3 Recorder and the Radio base for it
- can operate independently.
-
- Tom

The "Sub' - LCD is only four (4) Digits which would be OK
for a Clock and AM and FM Frequency Read-Out. -But-
not very handy for a Shortwave (HF) Frequency Read-Out.

AM : 530 - 1710 {kHz}

FM : 88.0 - 108.0 {MHz}

Shortwave 5.125 (ok) -but- 13.12_ (?) {MHz}

IMHO this could have been solved by using a little bit bigger
Six (6) Digit 'Sub' - LCD Display 12:34 AM/PM which would
have then allowed :

AM : 530k - 1710k {kHz}

FM : 88.0_M - 108.0_M {MHz}

Shortwave 5.125M (ok) -but- 13.125M MHz (ok) {MHz}

I guess my focus is on "The Radio" part of 'The Radio'
and not the MP3 Gadgetry affixed to 'The Radio' ~ RHF
Old January 5th 07, 08:25 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Tom Tom is offline

RHF wrote:
The "Sub' - LCD is only four (4) Digits which would be OK
for a Clock and AM and FM Frequency Read-Out. -But-
not very handy for a Shortwave (HF) Frequency Read-Out.

AM : 530 - 1710 {kHz}

FM : 88.0 - 108.0 {MHz}

Shortwave 5.125 (ok) -but- 13.12_ (?) {MHz}

http://www.thiecom.de/ftp/thieking/d...21-preview.jpg
shows that the kHz digit (or 0.00n MHz digit) is displayed, albeit in a
smaller size from the rest.

Tom

Old January 6th 07, 03:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Shortwave 5.125 (ok) -but- 13.12_ (?) {MHz}http://www.thiecom.de/ftp/thieking/d...21-preview.jpg

shows that the kHz digit (or 0.00n MHz digit) is displayed, albeit in a
smaller size from the rest.

Tom

Tom - Thank you for the follow-up and Info.
Now I know better ) ~ RHF