RadioBanter

-   -   Art Bell's Shortwave Radios. (https://www.radiobanter.com/shortwave/112852-art-bells-shortwave-radios.html)

[email protected] January 1st 07 10:48 PM

Art Bell's Shortwave Radios.

I think someone once said he sold off some of his Shortwave gear before
he moved to the Philipines.Gee whiz,,, what was he thinking? He could
have left them at his place in Pahrump or put them in storage somewhere.
cuhulin.

[email protected] January 2nd 07 03:25 AM

Art Bell's Shortwave Radios.

wrote:
I think someone once said he sold off some of his Shortwave gear before
he moved to the Philipines.Gee whiz,,, what was he thinking? He could
have left them at his place in Pahrump or put them in storage somewhere.
cuhulin.

He brought his gear to the PI. He will probably buy new gear for the US
since nobody wants to pay customs more than once.

I'd expect him to maintain residences in both countries. Hey, he has
the money. You gotta spend it somehow. Ham gear and a young wife sounds
like good places to invest your money.

I really have to laugh at all these yahoos on the net wagging their
fingers at Art, when we know they are all just jealous.

Carter-k8vt January 2nd 07 04:02 AM

Art Bell's Shortwave Radios.

wrote:

I really have to laugh at all these yahoos on the net wagging their
fingers at Art, when we know they are all just jealous.

Yeah, right you are. Jealous of getting taken to the cleaners by a gold
digger!

First, after a 2 or 3 week "rebound" courtship a 20 year old wants to
marry a grandfather, then very soon pregnant, then "never go to the US",
then go to the US. The noose continues to tighten.

Art must never have heard the old story about the monkey who had part of
his tail cut off by a power mower, turned around to see what happened
and then got decapitated; moral of the story?

"Don't lose your head over a piece of tail" :-)

John Smith I January 2nd 07 04:22 AM

Art Bell's Shortwave Radios.

wrote:
I think someone once said he sold off some of his Shortwave gear before
he moved to the Philipines.Gee whiz,,, what was he thinking? He could
have left them at his place in Pahrump or put them in storage somewhere.
cuhulin.

A pack of cigarettes is 37 cents in the Philippines. She will be able
to afford them with little problem now!

Regards,
JS

RHF January 2nd 07 04:54 AM

Art Bell's Shortwave Radios.

Cuhulin - Art could Give-it-all-Away and Enjoy Buying-it-all-Anew.

Cause after all... He is Art Bell -and- That Ain't Bad ! - imho ~ RHF

[email protected] January 2nd 07 07:07 PM

Art Bell's Shortwave Radios.

Carter-k8vt wrote:
wrote:

I really have to laugh at all these yahoos on the net wagging their
fingers at Art, when we know they are all just jealous.

Yeah, right you are. Jealous of getting taken to the cleaners by a gold
digger!

First, after a 2 or 3 week "rebound" courtship a 20 year old wants to
marry a grandfather, then very soon pregnant, then "never go to the US",
then go to the US. The noose continues to tighten.

Art must never have heard the old story about the monkey who had part of
his tail cut off by a power mower, turned around to see what happened
and then got decapitated; moral of the story?

"Don't lose your head over a piece of tail" :-)

Nice one - I'll have to remember that joke !

Stephanie Weil January 2nd 07 08:39 PM

Art Bell's Shortwave Radios.

On Jan 1, 2:48 pm, wrote:
I think someone once said he sold off some of his Shortwave gear before
he moved to the Philipines.Gee whiz,,, what was he thinking? He could
have left them at his place in Pahrump or put them in storage somewhere.
cuhulin.

A lot of people who relocate don't want to be toting all their junk
around, and storage costs more money than it's worth (not to mention
that you risk getting your stuff robbed).

He figures he could just buy another set to replace what he sold.

I wonder if he brought his kitties with him when he went back to
Pahrump from Manila. That's what I've been wondering about....didn't
even know about his radios.

stephanie

[email protected] January 2nd 07 10:23 PM

Art Bell's Shortwave Radios.

I heard Art Bell say he brought one of his cats back with him and his
other cat was on its way (or soon would be) back to Pahrump.
cuhulin