Old January 31st 07, 10:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Worldband vs. Shortwave on Google Trends

Mark Zenier wrote:

In article ,
JimC wrote:

Regarding the missing BBC broadcasts, I think I'm getting one or two BBC
broadcasts, though I'm not sure where they are broadcasting. Can
anyone tell me when, and at what frequency, I should try to get BBC?
It's interesting that I can get five or six stations quite clearly from
their internet web site, including recordings of recent broadcasts. Also
listened (on my computer) to their live broadcast of the Cambridge
King's College Christmas music.

Go the their web site's home page for the World Service
http://www.bcc.co.uk/worldservice (or something like that).

About half way down the page is the box where you enter in your
city and get the daily or weekly schedule. Next to that is a
link labeled something like "Shortwave Update". This will take
you to a page that will give you the transmissions schedules for
their diffrent regional broadcast tracks.

Here on the West Coast of North America, I get transmissions targeted
to East Asia and SouthEast Asia in the early morning, and morning
(until about 9 AM Seattle time) and then again from (4 PM (0:00 UTC) to
after sundown. (9740, 6195, 5975, 3915 kHz morning, 15285 afternoons).
Then transmissions aimed at North Africa in late morning (12095).
And then West/Central Africa in early afternoon (15400). And there's
an hour in the afternoon with a Caribbean target that I can't remember
off the top of my head.

The different tracks have different schedules, but you can go the
the home page and use the above mentioned box to get a program schedule
for any city in the world.

This time of year, with the sun illuminating to the south, it's pretty
crummy listening in the northern hemisphere, but propagation gets a
lot better during most of the year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/sc...es/index.shtml

dxAce
Michigan