Old February 6th 07, 03:00 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Satellite Radio and TB

If I buy a Lyngsat satellite rig www.lyngsat.com or Starnetwork
www.starnetwork.tv satellite rig,(which one is the best?) can I pick
up Bo Gritz on that C-Band bird way up there in the sky? Of course I
would have to get a local satellite dude or dudette to install the dish
on top of my house and line it all up properly.I am too fat and wobbly
to get on top of my house anymore.
cuhulin

Old February 6th 07, 05:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

20.770
559 L
wrote in message
If I buy a Lyngsat satellite rig www.lyngsat.com

Lyngsat is not a "satellite rig". It is simply a web site with satellite
information.

or Starnetwork
www.starnetwork.tv satellite rig,(which one is the best?)

Star Network is Free To Air - "FTA". That means it is free.
Any MPEG2 satellite receiver can receive it. I would look at a Pansat 2500A
with a 76cm dish for the Ku band.
Most any satellite dealer, local or online, can set you up.

can I pick
up Bo Gritz on that C-Band bird way up there in the sky?

Bo Gritz' Freedom Call (radio) is also on a Ku-band bird
http://www.lyngsat.com/galaxy25.html 11836 frequency (transponder 5 -
"GlobalStar Channel")
schedule http://network.theamericanvoice.com/schedule.htm
so you can use the Pansat 2500A w/76cm dish for this also.
For C-band please consult a dealer for technical details.

Old February 6th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Pansat 2500A? OK,I will look into that.I will look in my phone book too
for satellite installers,or whatever.I think there are some dealers like
that around here.I prefer to buy locally if I can.
cuhulin