Old February 13th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radio Conduct question

There is a person that sometimes comes on a frs frequency that I am
using and is rude annoying to me and others. I don't know his name or
anything. How do I get him off of the air?

Old February 13th 07, 05:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 13, 12:00 pm, "win2tanker" wrote:
There is a person that sometimes comes on a frs frequency that I am
using and is rude annoying to me and others. I don't know his name or
anything. How do I get him off of the air?

I would first try and reason with him/her. When someone is rude to me
I always say to them, "It doesn't cost anything to be polite." If I
am face to face with the person I always put on my best smile when I
say this. A lot of times this works. See, it's ALWAYS better to make
a friend then an enemy. If this doesn't work for you then I would
escalate the whole affair in a big hurry. You need to know that the
FCC isn't going to help you out at all so you're going to have to dole
out a little bit of homebrew justice. Get ruder than he/she and
threaten with bodily harm. If this gets you nowhere or party bravo
escalates the feud even further then just use a pair of wire cutters
and cut those rubber nipples off of his/hers tires if you can find the
bad persons' car. Hell, if you know where they live then just yank
down their antenna or mess with their coax. And be sure to let them
know who is behind their bad fortune. Don't explicitly admit to any
wrongdoing but do some beating around the bush without leaving any
doubt as to who did the damage.

I sincerely hope that this helps you and be sure to keep us here on
the board informed of your situation.

Best regards,
NEO

Old February 14th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

win2tanker wrote:
There is a person that sometimes comes on a frs frequency that I am
using and is rude annoying to me and others. I don't know his name or
anything. How do I get him off of the air?

Call his mom, or change the freq?
Old February 15th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My March 2007 snail mail Popular Mechanics magazine showed up here this
morning.You know what that means,don't you?

A cop car came slowly cruising down my street a few minutes ago,with
those extra bright roof top lights turned on.The car stopped at the end
of the street for a couple of minutes.Every once in a while there are
cop cars parked on this street because this neighborhood turned into a
''democrat neighborhood'' years ago.About a month ago,two cop cars were
parked in front of that ''democrat house'' catty corner across the
street from me.They were there for over an hour.About this time last
year in Feburary,there were three cop cars and a plain white fed govt
cop car parked in front of the house next door to me.Because that
divorced woman that used to live there,her ex-hubby in Minneapolis had
told her,If you want these kids,(two kids) come and get them.She did and
he filed kidnapping charges on her.
cuhulin