Old February 18th 07, 07:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD AM in NJ/NY ?

On Feb 18, 12:34?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

On Feb 18, 1:29?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

groups.com...

What a pathetic, fat, worthless old man - you have no social skills,
because your 24/7 interaction with people is spent blogging !

I gyuess this means that you can't refute my listing of AM n/t stations
already moved to FM.

Usenet is not a blogdspot.

The move has stalled with the FCC.

The FCC does not regulate or have anything to do with format changes.

AM news/talk/sports is alive-and-
well.

And moving form AM to FM at an increasing pace, based on the early
successes.

There still are thousands of AM stations and I can always DX to
Canada - no nighttime IBOC in Canada.

There is none in the US, yet, either.

DAB has failed in Canada, as HD
Radio/IBOC is failing here.

Canada has proposed adopting HD,, and Mexico has operating stations already.

DAB has failed in Canada and IBOC will also - few digital radios have
been sold in Canada, as here. Canada has already stated that they will
not put up with nighttime interference. IBOC will fail in Canada and
the US.

Old February 18th 07, 07:46 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message

[...]

"Digital radio in Canada"

http://americanbandscan.blogspot.com...in-canada.html

You lose - IBOC shill !

Old February 18th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 17, 3:13 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
"dxAce" wrote in message

David Gleason, wrote:
Welfare?

I see. Your income comes from where?

Several sources, none of them being welfare, prancer boy!

All of them sharing the commonality that they come from the government, as
opposed to money you earned, right?

Actually, it was given me at the time of my baptism... which was about 50
years before the date you name

Absolutely pathological!

Just simply true...

Yeah, since it needs saving might as well QRM!

The way you seem to prefer is to reduce interference by having stations
fall
silent.

No, I'd like them to drop HD/IBOC. Pay attention, prancer!

Considering that AM is dying (nearly nobody under 35 ever listens) what you
are saying is that you want th eonly potentially viable solution for AM to
be discarded, which will result in a guarantee that AM will die, and soon.

Nobody but a few DXers really cares abut adjacent channel reception in
the
shadow of a powerful local signal.

Nobody?

Yeah, statistically, nobody.

AM dying - hardly:

The only things that are dying aer digital radio in Canada and IBOC
AM:

http://americanbandscan.blogspot.com...in-canada.html

"RW Opinion: Rethinking AM's future"

"Only 175 or so AM stations have even licensed AM-HD. For a number of
reasons, quite a few have tried it and taken it off the air, or so the
anecdotal evidence suggests. (Ibiquity no longer reports in its public
summaries whether a station is on the air.)"

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.557.html

Bye bye, AM IBOC !

Old February 18th 07, 08:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Gleason, wrote:
[...]

You're really gonna upset Edweenie, and he's already having a very rough day.

Old February 18th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://americanbandscan.blogspot.com...adio-in-canada....

"RW Opinion: Rethinking AM's future"

"Only 175 or so AM stations have even licensed AM-HD. For a number of
reasons, quite a few have tried it and taken it off the air, or so the
anecdotal evidence suggests. (Ibiquity no longer reports in its public
summaries whether a station is on the air.)"

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.557.html

Bye bye, AM IBOC !

You're really gonna upset Edweenie, and he's already having a very rough day.- Hide quoted text -

What's up with that shill today ? I guess, I did go a bit over-board,
but I was ****ed at the assholes on RadioInfo.

Old February 18th 07, 10:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Gleason, wrote:
[...]

He was over on alt.politics.immigration, but I think he left for a good cry.

Old February 19th 07, 02:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message

wrote in message

oups.com...

What a pathetic, fat, worthless old man - you have no social
skills, because your 24/7 interaction with people is spent
blogging !

I gyuess this means that you can't refute my listing of AM n/t
stations already moved to FM.

Usenet is not a blogdspot.

The move has stalled with the FCC.

The FCC does not regulate or have anything to do with format changes.

AM news/talk/sports is alive-and- well.

And moving form AM to FM at an increasing pace, based on the early
successes.

Where is this happening?

Orlando, Pittsburgh, New Orleans, Jacksonville, Salt Lake City, Phoenix,
Dayton, Tallahassee, etc.

You expect that to happen in the LA area were
it will affect my listening?

Major runors that Clear is going to take the loser in the Spring or Summer
book out of KYSR, KHHT or KBIG and make it a simulcast of KFI. Eventually,
640 could be changed to another formrat, or kept for the senior citizens...

Old February 19th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
ups.com...
In Philadelphia and New Orleans, FM news talkers are beating KDKA and WWL
respectively, showing that n/t, on FM will do much better than on AM.

Many of these, will be around for a long, long time:

The list is just stations that are 50 kw.... not the 1-A clears. Some, like
KMIK-1580, have neither complete day nor night coverage of the market they
are in due to high dial positions and extreme directionality. Quite a few of
the Canadians on that list are silent, having moved lock stock and barrel to
FM (the CRTC has a policy to encourage nearly all AMs to go to FM and close
down).

http://www.northpine.com/broadcast/50kwam.html

A number of these are so directional only the fish can hear them.

Old February 19th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Feb 18, 12:34?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

DAB has failed in Canada and IBOC will also - few digital radios have
been sold in Canada, as here. Canada has already stated that they will
not put up with nighttime interference. IBOC will fail in Canada and
the US.

Industry canada and the CRTC just began a formal inquiry (meaining a study)
into HD. There is absolutely no decision yet.

Old February 19th 07, 03:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 19, 12:58?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Feb 19, 12:23?am, "David Eduardo" wrote:
wrote in message

roups.com...

On Feb 17, 3:13 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

AM dying - hardly:

Less than 20% of radio listening is to AM, and under age 45, it is less
than
12%. Under age 34. it is less than 8%. That is death in comfortable
monthly
payments. As Americans age, the average age of AM listeners increases
each
year. Listening by over-55's in rated markets produces no revenue.

The only things that are dying aer digital radio in Canada and IBOC
AM:

Industry Canada just started an inquiry into HD.

Of course, by the time they issue findings, the AM part may be moot.
except
for the major metros, Canada has a 10-year-old policy of encouraging AMs
go dark and switch to new FM channels... a significant portion of
Canadian
AMs have done this already. And this is because Canada no longer believes
AM
is viable as a mass medium.

Prove it !

It's a statement of policy. Look it up-. And while you are at it, look at a
1985 listing of Canadian AMs and one today. Way over 100, including things
like Winnipeg's first station, CBW-580, and Calgary's 50 kw CKXL are gone
and the frequency retired. The CBS has eliminated all but a half dozen of
its hundreds of AMs and LPRT transmitters. In the case of 740 in Toronto,
they stated that an AM could no longer adequately cover the highly urbanized
areas of Toronto, and handed in the 50 kw AM on 740...

Prince Edward Island became the first province to have no AM stations at
all, sometime last year. They all moved to FM.- Hide quoted text -

According to Radio Locator there are many AMs, just in the Ontario
Providence alone, in reach of Maryland:

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...e=all&pre v=0

http://www.toronto.hm/radio.html

In addition to these lists, which I have access to many, I'll be dead,
before these US and Canadian AMs go dead, if ever.

http://www.northpine.com/broadcast/50kwam.html

Besides, AM talk/news/sports on the "clears" is alive-and-well, and
command higher ad dollars, than FM radio. Of course, your main focus,
as an IBOC shill, is to be a naysayer of the broadcast bands, so HD
Radio/IBOC can be the great savior. AM radio is not going
anywhere.Your sole purrpose in life, seems to be trying to make others
miserable - Univision must have you locked in an office, because no
one can stand to work with you, so no wonder, you just shill for IBOC
all day and night long. You really are a poor excuse of a man, and
also a high-school dropout.