Old February 17th 07, 07:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Radioshack radio question

I was in RShack today and noticed they had a large AM/FM/WX radio for $49.95...
High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio 120-0150

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/48476f63a9.jpg

I read the reviews and they seemed to be mixed. Anyone here tried it and have
any opinions.

Thanks.

Twichell

BTW, I have a GE SuperRadio II....but I like the idea of presets.

Old February 17th 07, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 17, 5:55�pm, Twitchell wrote:
I was in RShack today and noticed they had a large AM/FM/WX radio for $49..95...
High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio *120-0150

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/48476f63a9.jpg

I read the reviews and they seemed to be mixed. *Anyone here tried it and have
any opinions.

Thanks.

Twichell

BTW, I have a GE SuperRadio II....but I like the idea of presets.

Don't buy this cheap plastic-boxed Grundig S350 look-alike. Read the
reviews on eham.net - the guy's wide/narrow switch failed the first
day, and his radio was unusable. My $10 Sony ICF-S10MK2 gets the same
stations as my now-returned S350 - all of these, CCRadio, S350, and
Superadio radios are all hype.

Old February 18th 07, 08:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 17, 11:55 am, Twitchell wrote:
I was in RShack today and noticed they had a large AM/FM/WX radio for $49.95...
High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio 120-0150

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/48476f63a9.jpg

I read the reviews and they seemed to be mixed. Anyone here tried it and have
any opinions.

Thanks.

Twichell

BTW, I have a GE SuperRadio II....but I like the idea of presets.

High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio
RadioShack Catalog # 120-0150
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2472950&cp
This tabletop radio has AM, FM and weather bands with long-range
performance and high sensitivity. With 25 presets your stations are
only a touch of a button away, and the digital LCD display has a
backlight so you can clearly see stations and other information.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/po...ductId=2472950
* AM/FM/WX radio with long-range performance and high sensitivity
* 10 AM, 15 FM and 5 WX radio memory presets
* Digital LCD display so you can easily tune to radio stations
* Auxiliary input for additional line-in sources

who knows this could be a re-packaged version
of the mini-cc-radio that never was ~ RHF
http://www.ccrane.com/radios/am-fm-r...-cc-radio.aspx
Old February 18th 07, 07:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:

On Feb 17, 5:55�pm, Twitchell wrote:

I was in RShack today and noticed they had a large AM/FM/WX radio for $49.95...
High-Performance PLL Tuning AM/FM/WX Radio �120-0150

http://img2.freeimagehosting.net/uploads/48476f63a9.jpg

I read the reviews and they seemed to be mixed. �Anyone here tried it and have
any opinions.

Thanks.

Twichell

BTW, I have a GE SuperRadio II....but I like the idea of presets.

Don't buy this cheap plastic-boxed Grundig S350 look-alike. Read the
reviews on eham.net - the guy's wide/narrow switch failed the first
day, and his radio was unusable. My $10 Sony ICF-S10MK2 gets the same
stations as my now-returned S350 - all of these, CCRadio, S350, and
Superadio radios are all hype.

Are you on a vendetta with this subject? Most owners of these radios
don't have any problems with them.
Old February 18th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article .com, RHF says...

[...]

.
.
. .

Don't laugh....I still have a link (which I click periodically) to see if Crane
has finally released it for sale.

Twitch