Old February 19th 07, 06:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default why are there nothing but religious freaks on right now?

why are there nothing but religious freaks on right now? these
stations are cheap to relay-- maybe we should suggest some
international broadcasters take up the time instead of brimstone and
damnation types.

Old February 19th 07, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 19, 12:57 am, "tom k in L.A." wrote:
why are there nothing but religious freaks on right now? these
stations are cheap to relay-- maybe we should suggest some
international broadcasters take up the time instead of brimstone and
damnation types.

I agree. People have the right to pay for and say what they want on
the air, but at the same time, I wonder if the FCC should investigate
if it's really in the public's best interest and good to have dozens
of religious broadcasts on the shortwave bands all at the same time,
for the majority of the day.

Old February 19th 07, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 19, 1:57 am, "tom k in L.A." wrote:
why are there nothing but religious freaks on right now? these
stations are cheap to relay-- maybe we should suggest some
international broadcasters take up the time instead of brimstone and
damnation types.

Dear Tom,

There are suckers born every minute, as P.T.said. As long as people
continue to send these characters money (as they encourage the belief
that, if one sends them money "to allow their message of 'good news'
to be sent 'to all the world,'" the senders will "go to heaven"),
these people will stay on the air and, in fact, will increase the
number and power of their transmissions. It's a VERY profitable
industry, making money off the least sophisticated people who are
grasping at straws. All religions and religious organizations solicit
money; they have no other way of continuing their existence. Your
local legitimate groups and organizations fulfill a seemingly basic
need in humanity and, therefore, return much to people in exchange for
their money. The so-called "religious" broadcasters do not. They may
send a contributor some worthless trinkets but mostly, if one
contributes, they then ask for more and more and more money. ("Buy
this book, buy that book, buy this item, buy that item, and send me
more money money money!") This allows them to increase their
broadcasts (think about it - it's a pretty pitiful "religion" that
needs constant ADVERTISING to keep itself going!) and, not
incidentally, to allow these broadcasters to have a VERY nice
lifestyle.

What's the answer? Do not listen to these broadcasts and certainly do
not send them even one cent! Your posting here, though "small
potatoes" in comparison to the might of these organizations, is a very
good step. We have to let at least the readers here know of these
fraudulent and inherently evil broadcast organizations.

Thank you for your post. Obviously, I agree with you one hundred
percent.

Joe

Old February 19th 07, 04:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I guess I missed my calling then,I should have been a preacher.
cuhulin

Old February 19th 07, 05:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"tom k in L.A." wrote in message
ups.com...
why are there nothing but religious freaks on right now? these
stations are cheap to relay-- maybe we should suggest some
international broadcasters take up the time instead of brimstone and
damnation types.

I believe I read somewhere that it is a consequence of our
faith-based administration. Most countries don't grant
shortwave broadcasting licenses to private organizations.
Most shortwave broadcasters are government controlled
international P.R./propaganda operations.
The Bush administration open up licensing in the shortwave
bands to private organizations in the US. Thus the crowd of
jammering yahoos eminating from this "nation, under God".

--
rb

Old February 19th 07, 05:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Ron Baker, Pluralitas!" wrote:

"tom k in L.A." wrote in message
ups.com...
why are there nothing but religious freaks on right now? these
stations are cheap to relay-- maybe we should suggest some
international broadcasters take up the time instead of brimstone and
damnation types.

I believe I read somewhere that it is a consequence of our
faith-based administration. Most countries don't grant
shortwave broadcasting licenses to private organizations.
Most shortwave broadcasters are government controlled
international P.R./propaganda operations.
The Bush administration open up licensing in the shortwave
bands to private organizations in the US.

Uhh... this occured before the Bush administration.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 19th 07, 05:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

tom k in L.A. wrote:
why are there nothing but religious freaks on right now? these
stations are cheap to relay-- maybe we should suggest some
international broadcasters take up the time instead of brimstone and
damnation types.

I don't know why Religious Freaks are the ones with the most number of
SW radio programming. Perhaps the hucksters of other types haven't
discovered the magic of SW?

In any case, they've been a fact of life on SW for many decades. Most
of the religious broadcasts of old were more respectable. I have
pleasant memories of HCJB's programs. Many were well thought out and
very interesting, even if I didn't agree with them.

In fact, not long after WRNO made its debut on SW (remember that Rock of
the World format?) WYFR happened. And in the scheme of SW broadcasters,
WYFR is tame. After that, the real nutcases took to the air, and it's
never been the same since.

I wish others would find a way to maintain a business in SW
broadcasting. One would think a nationwide science program of some sort
would be an easy sell. But nobody's doing it. I guess advertisers
don't know it exists because "nobody is there", and nobody does it
because advertisers don't think there is a market.

Jake Brodsky
Old February 19th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 19, 6:18 am, "Invader3K" wrote:
On Feb 19, 12:57 am, "tom k in L.A." wrote:

why are there nothing but religious freaks on right now? these
stations are cheap to relay-- maybe we should suggest some
international broadcasters take up the time instead of brimstone and
damnation types.

I agree. People have the right to pay for and say what they want on
the air, but at the same time, I wonder if the FCC should investigate
if it's really in the public's best interest and good to have dozens
of religious broadcasts on the shortwave bands all at the same time,
for the majority of the day.

Limits Restrictions Out-Lawing : Religion on Shortwave;
Them AM/FM Radio and TV plus the Internet; and don't
forget Books !

Next we could also 'limit' {Restrict-Out-Law} the Number
of Churches in each Village, Town and City.

And then we could 'limit' {Restrict-Out-Law} the Number
of Persons-of-Faith with-in our communities.

i believe in america land-of-the-free and
our freedoms are with-out-limits - be free ! ~ RHF
Old February 20th 07, 12:16 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 19, 4:57�am, "tom k in L.A." wrote:
why are there nothing but religious freaks on right now? *these
stations are cheap to relay-- maybe we should suggest some
international broadcasters take up the time instead of brimstone and
damnation types.

That's why, I used to listen to SW, but have now moved to nighttime AM
- but, David Eduardo, the IBOC shill, insist\s that AM is dead.

Old February 20th 07, 04:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Jake Brodsky wrote:

I don't know why Religious Freaks are the ones with the most number of
SW radio programming. Perhaps the hucksters of other types haven't
discovered the magic of SW?

And also of non-commercial FM, we might add.

Here's what I think is the reason. Some branches of Christianity put
pressure on their members to do missionary work. Now really doing
missionary work is hard; you have to meet people one-on-one and persuade
them to listen to your message. So it's a lot easier to just donate
money to people who are doing missionary work, and consider that your
obligation is met. And the broadcasters have become expert at convincing
their donors that the world is full of people who are just dying to hear
the Christian message, in English yet, on shortwave radio.
--

jhhaynes at earthlink dot net