Old February 27th 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Flouarescent Light Bulbs

The little screw in kind,when they burn out,did you ever cut one open
(not the glass part) to see what's in there? I wonder if any of the
parts can be used for something else?
cuhulin

Old February 27th 07, 05:42 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 26, 10:51 pm, wrote:
The little screw in kind,when they burn out,did you ever cut one open
(not the glass part) to see what's in there? I wonder if any of the
parts can be used for something else?
cuhulin

eagle tim rosavich used to eat light bulbs

Old February 27th 07, 08:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 26, 8:51 pm, wrote:
The little screw in kind,when they burn out,did you ever cut one open
(not the glass part) to see what's in there? I wonder if any of the
parts can be used for something else?
cuhulin

Cuhulin,

"The Inner Surface of the CFL Bulb is Coated with a Fluorescent
(and often slightly Phosphorescent) Coating made of varying blends
of Metallic and Rare-Earth Minerals {Phosphor Salts}."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent_lamp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluorescent
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phosphorescent
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rare-earth
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercury_%28element%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vapor
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurotoxin

What's [In-Side] should stay in-side; cause it can be
nasty stuff when it gets in-side your body.

be safe - enough said ~ RHF
Old February 27th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 27, 12:42 am, wrote:
On Feb 26, 10:51 pm, wrote:

The little screw in kind,when they burn out,did you ever cut one open
(not the glass part) to see what's in there? I wonder if any of the
parts can be used for something else?
cuhulin

eagle tim rosavich used to eat light bulbs

Ever drop a flourescent tube light?

Old February 27th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The divorced woman next door to me threw one out.I asked her if I can
have it.[sure,she said] I am talking about cutting one open to look at
the electronic thingys in there just to see what I can see,not the glass
part.
cuhulin

Old March 1st 07, 03:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

RHF wrote:

What's [In-Side] should stay in-side; cause it can be
nasty stuff when it gets in-side your body.

Cuhulin should be encouraged to open as many fluorescent light bulbs as
he wishes. There is NOTHING wrong with the scientific method. Human
curiosity has been the reason for all technological advances.

I'm really interested in finding out how the inner coating of the tubes
smells and tastes. Cuhulin, please report back with your
findings...don't let the Luddites deter you from your quest.

mike
Old March 1st 07, 03:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:
RHF wrote:

What's [In-Side] should stay in-side; cause it can be
nasty stuff when it gets in-side your body.

Cuhulin should be encouraged to open as many fluorescent light bulbs as
he wishes. There is NOTHING wrong with the scientific method. Human
curiosity has been the reason for all technological advances.

I'm really interested in finding out how the inner coating of the tubes
smells and tastes. Cuhulin, please report back with your
findings...don't let the Luddites deter you from your quest.

oh..yes..before I forget..

I've heard that rubbing the white powder from the inside of the tubes
into your eyes will allow you to see in the dark. In the on going search
for knowledge, I'm sure cuhulin will tell us just how many tubes it took
to get enough material for this process to be effective.

Knowledge is power!

mike

Old March 1st 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ahhhh,,,, another Ripple and Stripple (Sandford and Son) has just now
started on tv.I will worry about the lights later on.
cuhulin

Old March 1st 07, 09:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

m II wrote:

m II wrote:
RHF wrote:

What's [In-Side] should stay in-side; cause it can be
nasty stuff when it gets in-side your body.

Cuhulin should be encouraged to open as many fluorescent light bulbs as
he wishes. There is NOTHING wrong with the scientific method. Human
curiosity has been the reason for all technological advances.

I'm really interested in finding out how the inner coating of the tubes
smells and tastes. Cuhulin, please report back with your
findings...don't let the Luddites deter you from your quest.

oh..yes..before I forget..

I've heard that rubbing the white powder from the inside of the tubes
into your eyes will allow you to see in the dark. In the on going search
for knowledge, I'm sure cuhulin will tell us just how many tubes it took
to get enough material for this process to be effective.

Knowledge is power!

CanaDuh is stupidity!

Old March 1st 07, 09:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 28, 7:52 pm, m II wrote:
RHF wrote:
What's [In-Side] should stay in-side; cause it can be
nasty stuff when it gets in-side your body.

Cuhulin should be encouraged to open as many fluorescent light bulbs as
he wishes. There is NOTHING wrong with the scientific method. Human
curiosity has been the reason for all technological advances.

I'm really interested in finding out how the inner coating of the tubes
smells and tastes. Cuhulin, please report back with your
findings...don't let the Luddites deter you from your quest.

mike

M II - Now don't go encouraging people to do something
S-T-U-P-I-D like Follow-the-Leader : Especially when you
are "The Leader". ~ RHF

how many forum members to change a lightbulb? Fred Hambrecht Antenna 4 August 14th 06 09:11 PM
Electromagnetic Radiation N9OGL General 31 March 1st 06 02:42 PM
Do you recognize yourself ? Stef Antenna 3 January 5th 04 06:16 PM
light bulbs in rrap Mike Coslo Policy 10 December 12th 03 09:02 PM
TWIMC (you know who your are) Richard Fry Antenna 2 December 8th 03 11:54 PM