Old March 7th 07, 04:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default HD Radio - no one cares

"In-Stat: Digital Radio Set to Take Off"

"In 2006, 73 percent of respondents to an In-Stat U.S. consumer survey
were aware of HD Radio on some level."

http://beradio.com/eyeoniboc/instat-digital-radio-set/

"Sirius, XM, and HD: Consumer interest reality check" (Alexaholic)

"While interest in satellite radio is diminishing, interest in HD
shows no signs of a pulse."

http://www.hear2.com/2007/02/sirius_....html#comments

This just confirms, the lack of interest for HD Radio, on Google
Trends:

http://www.google.com/trends?q=%22hd... =all&date=all

"Rethinking AM's Future"

"Only 175 or so AM stations have even licensed AM-HD. For a number of
reasons, quite a few have tried it and taken it off the air, or so the
anecdotal evidence suggests. Ibiquity no longer reports in its public
summaries whether a station is on the air. Making AM-HD work well as a
long-term investment is seen as an expensive and risky challenge for
most stations and their owners. With the bulk of successful AMs airing
news, talk and sports, the improved fidelity advantage of HD and
stereo seem only marginally attractive. There is the significant
downside of potential new interference to some of their own AM analog
listeners as well as listeners of adjacent-channel stations. And of
course we still have no nighttime authority for AM-HD."

http://www.rwonline.com/pages/s.0044/t.557.html

Existing RDS has the same texting functions, as HD/IBOC. For now, HD
Radio/IBOC is dead.

Old March 7th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I am top posting as I don't think anyone has time for your constant
regurgitation of old quotes from discredited wannabe pundits.

Name me the viable AM stations in the top 20 US markets. "Viable" in radio
means "able to cover the entire radio metro day and night with a usable
signal."

Hell, for starters, name me the viable AM stations in Washington, DC.

Just the top 10 markets have only 32 to 35 viable AMs in total. The next ten
markets have even less... maybe between 16 and 18 (per BIA). After that, the
average market has one to two viable AMs per market.

wrote in message
s.com...
"In-Stat: Digital Radio Set to Take Off"

Bla, bla, bla, snip snip snip.

Old March 7th 07, 05:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 2:57?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
I am top posting as I don't think anyone has time for your constant
regurgitation of old quotes from discredited wannabe pundits.

Name me the viable AM stations in the top 20 US markets. "Viable" in radio
means "able to cover the entire radio metro day and night with a usable
signal."

Hell, for starters, name me the viable AM stations in Washington, DC.

Just the top 10 markets have only 32 to 35 viable AMs in total. The next ten
markets have even less... maybe between 16 and 18 (per BIA). After that, the
average market has one to two viable AMs per market.

s.com...

http://www.northpine.com/broadcast/50kwam.html

Old March 7th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

A significant number of those stations are not in the top 20 markets, and
many are not even in the US.

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 7, 2:57?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
I am top posting as I don't think anyone has time for your constant
regurgitation of old quotes from discredited wannabe pundits.

Name me the viable AM stations in the top 20 US markets. "Viable" in
radio
means "able to cover the entire radio metro day and night with a usable
signal."

Hell, for starters, name me the viable AM stations in Washington, DC.

Just the top 10 markets have only 32 to 35 viable AMs in total. The next
ten
markets have even less... maybe between 16 and 18 (per BIA). After that,
the
average market has one to two viable AMs per market.

wrote in message

s.com...

"In-Stat: Digital Radio Set to Take Off"

Bla, bla, bla, snip snip snip.

http://www.northpine.com/broadcast/50kwam.html

US Top 20 market stations from this list.

640 KFI Los Angeles, CA U1 News/Talk
660 WFAN New York City, NY U1 Sports
670 WSCR Chicago, IL U1 Sports
680 KNBR San Francisco, CA U1 Sports
*680 WRKO Boston, MA U4 News/Talk
710 KIRO Seattle, WA U2 News/Talk
* 710 WAQI Miami, FL U1 Spanish News/Talk
710 WOR New York City, NY U3 News/Talk
720 WGN Chicago, IL U1 News/Talk
740 KCBS San Francisco, CA U4 News/Talk
* 740 KTRH Houston, TX U4 News/Talk
750 WSB Atlanta, GA U1 News/Talk
760 WJR Detroit, MI U1 News/Talk
770 WABC New York City, NY U1 News/Talk
780 WBBM Chicago, IL U1 News
810 KGO San Francisco, CA U3 News/Talk
820 WBAP Fort Worth, TX U1 News/Talk
830 WCCO Minneapolis, MN U1 News/Talk
850 KOA Denver, CO U1 News/Talk
850 WEEI Boston, MA U4 Sports
880 WCBS New York City, NY U1 News
890 WLS Chicago, IL U1 News/Talk
*950 KJR Seattle, WA U2 Sports
* 950 WWJ Detroit, MI U4 News
*1000 WMVP Chicago, IL U2 Sports
*1000 KOMO Seattle, WA U2 News/Talk
1010 WINS New York City, NY U3 News
*1020 KTNQ Los Angeles, CA U4 Spanish AC
1030 WBZ Boston, MA U3 News/Talk
*1050 WEPN New York City, NY U3 Sports
1060 KYW Philadelphia, PA U3 News
1070 KNX Los Angeles, CA U1 News
1080 KRLD Dallas, TX U2 News/Talk
**1090 KPTK Seattle, WA U4 News/Talk
**1100 KFAX San Francisco, CA U3 Christian/Ethnic
**1130 WBBR New York City, NY U2 Business News
**1160 WYLL Chicago, IL U4 Christian
1210 WPHT Philadelphia, PA U1 News/Talk
**1270 WXYT Detroit, MI U4 News/Talk
**1500 WTWP Washington, DC U4 Talk (format and calls changed from
your list)
**1500 KSTP St. Paul, MN U2 News/Talk
**1510 WWZN Boston, MA U4 Sports
**1560 WQEW New York City, NY U4 Radio Disney
***1580 KMIK Tempe, AZ U2 Radio Disney
***1580 KBLA Santa Monica, CA U4 Spanish Christian

* marginal viability. Does not cover entire metro at night.
** not viable. Significantly incomplete coverage of metro
*** Dog. Does not cover much of anything day or night.

Your list sure gets short when some actual coverage criteria is used, huh?

Old March 7th 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Ask him an easy question a imbicile can answer.
The Reject is located near Sterling, VA.

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
t...
A significant number of those stations are not in the top 20 markets, and
many are not even in the US.

wrote in message
ps.com...
On Mar 7, 2:57?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
I am top posting as I don't think anyone has time for your constant
regurgitation of old quotes from discredited wannabe pundits.

Name me the viable AM stations in the top 20 US markets. "Viable" in
radio
means "able to cover the entire radio metro day and night with a usable
signal."

Hell, for starters, name me the viable AM stations in Washington, DC.

Just the top 10 markets have only 32 to 35 viable AMs in total. The

next
ten
markets have even less... maybe between 16 and 18 (per BIA). After

that,
the
average market has one to two viable AMs per market.

s.com...

Old March 7th 07, 08:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 4:21�pm, "HD Radio�" wrote:
Ask him an easy question a imbicile can answer.
The Reject is located near Sterling, VA.

"David Eduardo" wrote in message

t...

A significant number of those stations are not in the top 20 markets, and
many are not even in the US.

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 7, 2:57?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
I am top posting as I don't think anyone has time for your constant
regurgitation of old quotes from discredited wannabe pundits.

Name me the viable AM stations in the top 20 US markets. "Viable" in
radio
means "able to cover the entire radio metro day and night with a usable
signal."

Hell, for starters, name me the viable AM stations in Washington, DC.

Just the top 10 markets have only 32 to 35 viable AMs in total. The

next
ten
markets have even less... maybe between 16 and 18 (per BIA). After

that,
the
average market has one to two viable AMs per market.

wrote in message

ups.com...

[...]

Your list sure gets short when some actual coverage criteria is used, huh?- Hide quoted text -

Dumbass - I am in Maryland.

Old March 7th 07, 06:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 7, 2:57?pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:
I am top posting as I don't think anyone has time for your constant
regurgitation of old quotes from discredited wannabe pundits.

Name me the viable AM stations in the top 20 US markets. "Viable" in radio
means "able to cover the entire radio metro day and night with a usable
signal."

Hell, for starters, name me the viable AM stations in Washington, DC.

Just the top 10 markets have only 32 to 35 viable AMs in total. The next ten
markets have even less... maybe between 16 and 18 (per BIA). After that, the
average market has one to two viable AMs per market.

wrote in message

s.com...

"In-Stat: Digital Radio Set to Take Off"

Bla, bla, bla, snip snip snip.

Even your fellow IBOC shills know AM-HD is dead - From Mike Walker
avsforum today:

"rwagoner we probably won't get to know. The AM System ain't exactly
setting the world on fire because you can't use it at night, and it
causes massive adjacent channel interference. Add to that the fact
that it reduced audio quality for 100 percent of the CURRENT AM
audience, and why would we even consider this turkey? As for turning
off analog, why EXACTLY would you do that, when it's analog AM, the
oldest and most robust of mass electronic media, that EVERYONE can
receive, and that can be relied upon to be ON THE AIR, and offering
LIFE SAVING INFORMATION after a disaster? Do we really want to turn
off analog, and leave the poor, aged, and infirm who can't afford the
latest digital doo-dads, or maybe don't even know about them, with no
source of emergency information????? There is no higher calling (in
radio) than providing emergency information...to EVERYONE!"

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...0ae& t=799117

AM-HD is dead - WLW AM is ranked #1 !